JellyBean - JELLYTIME for DHD/Inspire4g

Last Updated: 2013-05-19 08:06:49
  1. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

blimey, only flash r27 yesterday lol

Advertisement
  2. HoboHorse

HoboHorse Member

I've been on R27 for a few days now and am very impressed (although it is only comparing with 2 other ROMs - stock HTC gingerbread and trickdroid). Battery has seemed better, unless signal isn't too good. After a few days of bedding in with the odd crash, it is generally much, much slicker with some nice new features. Tried GPS tracking, music and camera at same time yesterday, no problem where stock gingerbread would have stuttered or crashed. Camera is improved, and I like the built in panorama but would have liked HDR too. GPS lock way quicker, although i have added the FasterGPS app too.

Still getting used to new keyboard (no arrows?!), no recent apps on top swipe menu (long home button hold instead) and lack of HTC clock/weather (using minimalistic text widgets). Getting used to stock apps like Apollo for music too. Not sure i like the browser though, so might go with Chrome (Is that the general choice for most of you guys?)

Only downsides are losing some app info on great little war game and notepad, can't figure out screenshot and I forgot to turn wordfeud notifications back on so i lost a bunch of games...

Will wait a while before a new ROM unless issues appear with this one (or somethig else shiny and new appears and i have a spare few hours...)
  3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I use chrome. If it doesn't work I use Dolphin.

Screen shot is in the settings>system>power menu > toggle on and off.

Then hold power button and click da button.
    ivicakc and HoboHorse like this.
  4. HoboHorse

HoboHorse Member

Cheers Mehta, always someone jumping in with an answer. Damn good forum this.

One question on governers. It came set on ONDEMAND, but noticed a lot of people using smartassv2. Worth a change? Also, anyone else played with any of the Dev or performance options and got anything worthwile out? I'll have a play and post back if i find anything.
  5. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

Ral is a master when it comes to govners etc
    ivicakc likes this.
  6. ivicakc

ivicakc Well-Known Member

chrome and swiftkey do not really love each other..so because of that i use dolphin, also try boat browser and it's very good..
    HoboHorse and Mehta23 like this.
  7. ivicakc

did you try 28?
  8. ral

ral Well-Known Member

The advantage of smartassV2 is that it has screen on and screen off settings. Ondemand runs the same settings whether the screen is on or off.

Neither smartassV2 or ondemand is a "battery saving" governor.
    HoboHorse likes this.
  9. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I found my battery was slightly better with smartass...
    ivicakc and ral like this.
  10. davo26

davo26 Well-Known Member

mines not slightly better, its WAAY better :)
    ivicakc and ral like this.
  11. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

No, I've decided to use sense for a bit.
    ivicakc likes this.
  12. ivicakc

buuuuuuu :D
    i love sense but without sense my phone is much much faster..
  13. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

I prefer plain android but I'm getting prepared for nexus ;)
  14. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I noticed a fair number of issues with flashing JellyTime coming up. Accelerometer failing to work and a few failed boots. None of these problems have been reported by the people on this thread. In other words, we are doing something right :thumbup:

I wanted to poll what version of recovery do you use?

TIA
  15. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

I use 4EXT recovery.

@ivicakc I completely forgot to flash those colour change themes.. sorry bout that, I just remembered. I'll flash when I am on Jellytime next :p
  16. ivicakc

no problem dude...RB now cooking 4.2 :smokingsomb:
    btw..i'm also on 4EXT..
  17. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Yes. JellyTime will probably move from one version to another without ever coming out with a "stable"release. I thought with CM10 M2 from Cyanogenmod we might see a more stable JellyTime. Does not look like it.
  18. ivicakc

i think the same, probably will be from 4.1.2 to 4.2..
  19. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Randomblame has 4.2 for an Acer Inconia and he ordered a Nexus 4. End of the line for the DHD?
    ivicakc likes this.
  20. Ewoedo

Ewoedo Well-Known Member

I find Jellybean a lot faster than ICS.

I know you asked this a while ago, but I just saw it :p
  21. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I'm sure that there will still be people who dev for the phone for a while yet (at least I hope) :)
    ivicakc likes this.
  22. ral

ral Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be faster with the project butter tweaks which are supposed to make the user interface feel more fluid.
    ivicakc likes this.
  23. ral

ral Well-Known Member

No doubt. I am just wondering if Randomblame will continue with JellyTime for the DHD.
  24. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hmm... yeah... may be a little preoccupied with his new toy :D
  25. ral

ral Well-Known Member

While it is nice to imagine that a Dev would support a phone while it still has users, I think a big motivation is fun. If I was a Dev and had a new toy, I know what I would be playing with.