• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JellyBean - JELLYTIME for DHD/Inspire4g

I've been on R27 for a few days now and am very impressed (although it is only comparing with 2 other ROMs - stock HTC gingerbread and trickdroid). Battery has seemed better, unless signal isn't too good. After a few days of bedding in with the odd crash, it is generally much, much slicker with some nice new features. Tried GPS tracking, music and camera at same time yesterday, no problem where stock gingerbread would have stuttered or crashed. Camera is improved, and I like the built in panorama but would have liked HDR too. GPS lock way quicker, although i have added the FasterGPS app too.

Still getting used to new keyboard (no arrows?!), no recent apps on top swipe menu (long home button hold instead) and lack of HTC clock/weather (using minimalistic text widgets). Getting used to stock apps like Apollo for music too. Not sure i like the browser though, so might go with Chrome (Is that the general choice for most of you guys?)

Only downsides are losing some app info on great little war game and notepad, can't figure out screenshot and I forgot to turn wordfeud notifications back on so i lost a bunch of games...

Will wait a while before a new ROM unless issues appear with this one (or somethig else shiny and new appears and i have a spare few hours...)

Upvote 0
I use chrome. If it doesn't work I use Dolphin.

Screen shot is in the settings>system>power menu > toggle on and off.

Then hold power button and click da button.

chrome and swiftkey do not really love each other..so because of that i use dolphin, also try boat browser and it's very good..

Upvote 0
Cheers Mehta, always someone jumping in with an answer. Damn good forum this.

One question on governers. It came set on ONDEMAND, but noticed a lot of people using smartassv2. Worth a change? Also, anyone else played with any of the Dev or performance options and got anything worthwile out? I'll have a play and post back if i find anything.

The advantage of smartassV2 is that it has screen on and screen off settings. Ondemand runs the same settings whether the screen is on or off.

Neither smartassV2 or ondemand is a "battery saving" governor.

Reactions: HoboHorse
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones