[JELLYBEAN] Likes / Dislikes?General

Last Updated:

1. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Thank you for looking into it.If I get tired of the zooming issue,& can't narrow down the cause,I may just do the dreaded FDR & see if that clears it up.

Either way,I'll post back here & give an update.

Once again,thanks for all your efforts.:D

Advertisement
    SUroot likes this.
  2. kiz88

kiz88 Well-Known Member

I dont know if this an issue or not but I have noticed that when a notification has arrived the blue LED is not as bright anymore when flashing and when charging when the phone is on but screen off the red LED is not as bright as before the update.

Anyone else?
  3. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well
    Sephiroth75 and kiz88 like this.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Light sensors are now used to determine if the LED needs to be bright or not. The darker the environment, the darker the light
    kiz88 and KOLIO like this.
  5. kiz88

kiz88 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input!
  6. andy9l

andy9l Well-Known Member

It has started working now, even with Rob - not sure why it wasn't previously, although I've done some linking of contacts so perhaps your theory was right. It doesn't work, however, if you say "text Rob hello". It seems to ignore single word texts!

Ha! Perhaps that's why..!
  7. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

I seem to get better battery life now (google now off) and also clearly better wifi signal, I used to get 1 bar upstairs always but now I almost always get 3 bars and occasionally 2..
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. ljbad4life

ljbad4life Well-Known Member

A couple of likes:

Blocking Mode: you can send all calls to voice mail for any period of time (great for meetings) or if you like to leave you phone on over night (for the alarm), but don't want to be disturbed. You can set up a list of important callers that can still get in contact with you (one thing I sorely miss since my blackberry days)

Battery life is exactly the same (as I have google now enabled) I get about 8-10 hrs of between charges with moderate to heavy use.

of course I love Google now
    KOLIO likes this.
  9. Haris

Haris Well-Known Member

mine is doing the same thing.

two other issues I have since installing JB

1) Swype doesn't auto space any longer randomly. it's set to auto space and auto capitalize. does neither now sporadically.

2) my major complaint - the screen has tons of lag when scrolling up and down the settings menu from the home screen, and some graphic heavy games like Dead Trigger now have major graphics issues. like a wavy layered image full screen that looks like stop motion photography.

I've since deleted Dead Trigger and am going to download it again to see if the problem continues.

btw I'm stock, Sprint. I pushed JB manually using QBKing77's link/instructions.

anyone else having these problems?

wtf?
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

I re-flashed the update (from another source),& still have the exaggerated ZOOM issues.I'm hoping there's a bug fix for this soon.

Until then,I'll just avoid using the apps that have the ZOOM issue (stock browser,the PHANDROID application & the official e-Bay application).
  11. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi all,

was really looking forward to getting this update - all that project butter stuff and all - but not very impressed so far :(

some of my widgets cause phone to reboot - could be widget issue im guessing
    phone animation still isnt as good/smooth/fast as it should be imo - this isnt a desire after all

cant download anything from market :/

sorry - bit of a rant thread i know - but think google+sammy need to do better than this to fight off the iphones! :D

cheers
    dan
  12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Have you tried a factory reset? That can clear up a lot of post ota issues
  13. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

phone defo appears slower too - typing etc - could be called project mud i fear! :D
  14. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  15. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi - thanks will do - sorry was a bit of a noob post - just suffering from JB stress :D
    cheers
  16. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Well-Known Member

you do know there's a sticky at the top for this VERY topic right? :rolleyes:
    dan55 likes this.
  17. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

yeah sorry - my phone is running like a dog t*rd, so my mind has gone to mush! :D
  18. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

its so stuffed it wont even accpt factory reset erase selection! :D
  19. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

SUroot, dan55 and lunatic59 like this.
  20. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Might be easier to just boot into stock recovery and wipe data/cache there
    dan55 likes this.
  21. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi
    yes ended up doing the above

seems to defo be smoother now .... phew :)

cheers
  22. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

liking jb much better now :) also found that using the hint of disabling s-voice for home button, made it quciker to respond - cool
  23. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

How did you disable it?
  24. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi,

go into s-voice app, menu button - settings - i unchecked all svoice options - but the home buttons option is the one - uncheck - done
    KOLIO likes this.
  25. Damar1979

Damar1979 Well-Known Member

Lol any possible way to use the home button for Google now?