• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jellybean Update for Note 10.1 N8010

Well aware of that but can't do with the Zen rubbish. I Shouldn't have to revert to that technique, the upgrade should be available for all.

And how do you suppose would Samsung handle 50 000 000 OTA/ KIES download downloads at once? Servers would crash and in the end no one would get the update. It has been discussed at length and there is no way of doing it all at the same time.

Reactions: stjohneyre
Upvote 0
And how do you suppose would Samsung handle 50 000 000 OTA/ KIES download downloads at once? Servers would crash and in the end no one would get the update. It has been discussed at length and there is no way of doing it all at the same time.

So, having read all this, I still don't know if the german version of 4.1.1 on the 8013 includes multiuser capability.

Upvote 0
Its a damn shame it's only out in Germany(Country is irrelevant of course ;) ) though i suppose its similar to console wars when a Console gets a game or DLC before another. They can bug test it for us and fix it up. Though tbh, i would rather have the update. However i can wait since i only got my Note like 2 days ago, so the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

If i download this german update and apply it manually, what are the risks? Like what can go wrong?

Upvote 0

They don't have to do OTA updates. They just have to release the official ROM and let everyone know else share it through social media. If this is the case why everyone else is waiting for the update then Samsung isn't completely thinking out of the box.

-Sent using the power of the dark side

Upvote 0
You guys kill me. I bought this tablet based on what it could do at the time, not how and if it would get updates. So far my experience with updates on smartphones is that they add some slick features and also get rid of some I like. I can't believe that jelly bean is going to make one bit off difference of my view of this tablet and it's performance.

Someone please tell me why it is going to transform my tablet into the next coming??

Upvote 0

I keep reading this sort of comment, seems a cop out since apple manages to release updates at the same time, I use to have an iPhone and never had a problem with updates. I understand different manufacturers releasing updates at different rates but delays within devices based on whether its 3g or WiFi or german or UK is a bit pathetic! I wouldn't go back to apple but will seriously consider getting whatever model Google brings out in the future to ensure swift updates, its pretty poor when the consumer has to make those sorts of considerations when buying a product!

Reactions: c1atsite
Upvote 0
I keep reading this sort of comment, seems a cop out since apple manages to release updates at the same time, I use to have an iPhone and never had a problem with updates. I understand different manufacturers releasing updates at different rates but delays within devices based on whether its 3g or WiFi or german or UK is a bit pathetic! I wouldn't go back to apple but will seriously consider getting whatever model Google brings out in the future to ensure swift updates, its pretty poor when the consumer has to make those sorts of considerations when buying a product!

Please check how many phone Samsung sells a year and how many Apple. Apple sells nada compared to Samsung.

An example here:
Gartner Says Worldwide Sales of Mobile Phones Declined 3 Percent in Third Quarter of 2012; Smartphone Sales Increased 47 Percent

Samsung S3 sells almost as many pieces as iPhone, but Samsung has at least 10 other models that sell well and they all need upgrades at some point.

Upvote 0
Please check how many phone Samsung sells a year and how many Apple. Apple sells nada compared to Samsung.

An example here:
Gartner Says Worldwide Sales of Mobile Phones Declined 3 Percent in Third Quarter of 2012; Smartphone Sales Increased 47 Percent

Samsung S3 sells almost as many pieces as iPhone, but Samsung has at least 10 other models that sell well and they all need upgrades at some point.

Yes I understand that if you read the post my issue is that we are getting staggered dates for updates on THE SAME MODEL not the multitude of phones and tablets Samsung sells

Upvote 0
I guess I have already seen the video. Honestly some of the multitasking appeals to me, the pen already copies, crops and pastes. I guess I'm just not jumping up and down stomping my feet demanding it. If it comes tomorrow cool, it's six months that's fine too. Looks like a big advertising production to sell tablets, just like all the hype on specs and screen resolution.

Just like the droid smart phones I have had for years, they upgrade and add some cool stuff, and get rid of some stuff that you like. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it worse. Mine runs smooth now and isn't junked up with a bunch of apps. Gets used everyday.

Heck the droid phone updates have always been real hap hazard. My buddy and I have the same phone on the same carrier and our phones updated to ics over a month a part. We also live about a mile apart. My other neighbor got jelly bean update on acer tablet last week.

Patience folks, no reason to demand it and call for everyone's head.

Upvote 0
Seriously though the same stagger has always been on the droid phone updates. Even same phone and same carrier and same geographic location. Don't try to figure it out, just be grateful when it finally comes!

In this cas I believe you are talking about delays caused by your mobile carrier. That is the price for getting the phone from them, unfortunately. When Samsung have an update available, your carrier decides when it goes out as they want to customize it, test it, etc., etc. I have an unlocked one and have never hadp orblems with updates coming late.

Upvote 0
Yes, working great. Confirmed! and here are the features/changes:

Google Now: press and hold the Home icon to launch Google Now
Project Butter: smoother and faster UI
New enhanced TouchWiz
New Notification Panel
New S Note Widget and new features added
New Blocking Mode (found under Settings)
17 Apps in the Multitasking Mini Bar
5 layouts for multitasking
Ripple Lockscreen
Changes in Settings interface
Various S Pen Features from Note 2
YouTube client in Video Player
Press the Power+Volume Up button together ro start screen recording.
Press and hold the S Pen on any area of the screen and drag it to take a clip
The app info panel while pressing and holding an icon at the desktop has gone.
The S Pen dock that popped out while pulling out the stylus has gone.

Can someone please confirm if Jelly bean actually does the screen recording? This was a feature of the note 2 but was later removed. This would be Very useful for my work! It so, What format are they recorded in?
Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones