• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
What a slow download! Anyway, under "About phone", it now says Android version 4.1.2

Download was slow mainly due to the servers being hammered by all the people looking for there updates. Also does anyone know if being rooted will impead our ability to update, my update failed and I can't try again until tommorow, I unrooted my phone but the bootloader is still detecting root. Also to the person who now has jelly bean, is it any smoother? any new features (besides the one we know come with jelly bean)

Upvote 0
I'm not rooted, and I'm not a super-user. I'm OK if I can make some phone calls and use some apps, perhaps even simultaneously. Having said that.... I have been having some issues since the Jellybean "upgrade". Two variants:
a) while on my home-page, tap on an app. The app tries to open, but goes back to the home page. Then try to power down via the Power key -- Power Off or Restart options -- the item is highlighted, but nothing else happens. Further keypresses or taps do nothing.
b) phone reboots on its own: Screen goes dark, Pantech logo comes up. No sound. It gets to home page, but then a) occurs.

Both require a "remove the battery" reboot to clear.

Annoying, but not life-threatening.... :thumbdown:

Upvote 0
I'm not rooted, and I'm not a super-user. I'm OK if I can make some phone calls and use some apps, perhaps even simultaneously. Having said that.... I have been having some issues since the Jellybean "upgrade". Two variants:
a) while on my home-page, tap on an app. The app tries to open, but goes back to the home page. Then try to power down via the Power key -- Power Off or Restart options -- the item is highlighted, but nothing else happens. Further keypresses or taps do nothing.
b) phone reboots on its own: Screen goes dark, Pantech logo comes up. No sound. It gets to home page, but then a) occurs.

Both require a "remove the battery" reboot to clear.

Annoying, but not life-threatening.... :thumbdown:

My phone does the same stupid sudden-freeze-and-reset thing, but it's more than just annoying - it's rendered one of the few games I play outright unplayable (crashes the phone within a minute every single time) and another one damn near unplayable (crashes it every few minutes).

On top of that, the entire phone seems to be lagging very slightly since I installed the update. I have no interest in any of the new features, and this is what I get in return. Thanks, Pantech. Thanks a lot for releasing a buggy update that screws up your otherwise nice phone model. Idiots.

Upvote 0
I wrote message #15 above. The only time I get a reboot is when I try to connect to the employee Wi-Fi network at work; connecting to the guest Wi-Fi network works, so I just connect to the guest SSID, rather than trying to figure out what is wrong with either Pantech, Google, and/or my IT department.

Infrequently, I have an app that closes, and I go back to the home-page. But I would guess these are app issues, and not necessarily JB issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones