JellybeanGeneral

1. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Are we 101 users still on track to get jellybean at some point? I'm in two minds about trying to sell mine and pick up a newer tablet (Nexus 7 probably),but if it's going to land on my 101 then I might as well hold off for a bit longer.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

It's rolling out to the newer tabs at the moment and I seem to remember Asus saying they'd get it first, then we'd get it eventually. I've not heard we're not on course to receive anyway.

I'm in the same boat, I was planning to sell once I got back from the latest RMA, but after using it again, I enjoy the KB and I'm looking forward to what JB will bring.
  3. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

should be out soon
  4. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I just got hit with a firmware update last night... I do not know if it is Jellybean though . I have not accepted it because I am rooted.
  5. wilkster

wilkster Member

Honestly, even though Asus doesn't have to update, if they are thinking like smart company they will want to keep customers on an upgrade cycle for long term growth. That cycle is about 24 months for this type of hardware. So not providing relevant updates during that period is just going to hurt them in the long run. I for one probably wouldn't stay with a company that abandons updates after only one year.
  6. brian40

brian40 Member

My wife has a transformer 101 running ics, and i have just purchased a nexus 7 running jelly bean, which is great. But jelly bean does not support Flash, and adobe has dropped the ball on flash for tablets. There is supposed to be a work around using Fire fox, but i cannot find flash for android anywhere to down load and patch it in. So be cautious on what you wish for.
  7. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

You can side load Adobe, and use Xscope Pro browser (works better than Firefox

From this thread in the Nexus 7 section.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-7/599223-getting-flash-work.html
  8. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member