• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jellybean

nieltab

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2011
Hi all

Samsung is rolling out the jelly bean update for my smartphone since yesterday. Now before I install it, do I have to prepare my phone for it? With this I mean that I have to make a backup or something like that, or will everything of my files still be on my phone without risking losing pictures, music, texts,...?

I have many apps installed on my sd card, do I have to move these to phone memory first?

Thnx :)

Everything should be left as is except, of course, for OS and UI changes due to the update. You might find that an app you have installed is not compatible with with JB, but likely they'll be OK, most apps have been updated by now.

Of course you should always, ALWAYS have backups of important files at all times.

Linux user #266351. Android since v1.0

Upvote 0
I would definitely suggest making a backup, heck you should make regular backups anyhow, just in case anything goes wrong

I have tried backing up through kies, but I havent found an option. All my pictures get uploaden on dropbox, music is on my laptop and calendar is synced to google. But still its a pain to put everything back on my phone if there is something lost.

Should I use another methode? Because didnt you needed root for backup apps?

Thnx for the replies :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones