Jellybomb v12 users - Awesome Beats

1. _-Jay-_

_-Jay-_ Well-Known Member

I installed the Beats mod that's an add-on to the v12 of Jellybomb. My question is, how do I know if it is working? I try to put on a song then tweak the settings but as I turn stuff on and off in the Awesome Beats app, it sounds like there is no difference to the sound. Any ideas?

Also, it seems like any of my old images from the gallery don't work as wallpapers anymore. Everytime I try and select an image, all it does is crop it down but never applies it. Why would that be?

Advertisement
  2. MikeCallery

MikeCallery Member

I've been using JB for a few months now, moving up through the versions and love it, but just last night decided that it was no longer for me and I hope that the author is listening, just in case there is another way to work this.

The insistency on the blue motif for some many applications and the insistency on changing colors just finally turned me off. I was in dark light trying to fire up Google Maps and pulled up my address out of contacts but saw a mistake. . When I went to change the address I got this greenish background and I forget the color, but it was impossible for me to work with. Granted, I'm not 20 and I don't have perfect reading eyes, but I just wish there was a way to use JBDomination with the stock colors.

Possibly I missed something?
    HamillTap likes this.
  3. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the with aroma vs no aroma means in non tech terms?
  4. TADitto

TADitto Well-Known Member

The easiest way to describe the AROMA installer is it allows you to customize a ROM prior to flashing it. If you download a ROM that comes with the AROMA installer when you go into recovery to flash said ROM AROMA installer will load and allow you to customize certain parts of the ROM. For example you may have the option to change which kernel the ROM uses along with other mods like sound mods, battery mods, themes, apps, etc.. ROM's without AROMA installer dont give you this ability to customize prior to flashing the ROM. Here's the link to the AROMA thread over on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1461712

Hope this helps.
    mikem0269 and JAJameson2010 like this.
  5. JAJameson2010

It's probably something I don't need then. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out
  6. TADitto

TADitto Well-Known Member

I personally dont really care for using the AROMA installer. To me it seems to cause more problems with the ROM's. I prefer just flashing the ROM at its default setting and then flash the mods afterwards, to me this causes less problems.
  7. JAJameson2010

Well I installed it with the Aroma and the phone was randomly rebooting. So I reflashed the plain ROM and now it seems to be working perfectly!
  8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I believe there are issues with the aroma+rom zip, I had a system ui errors but no such trouble with the no aroma rom zip.
    mikem0269 likes this.