• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jessica Alba bootscreen :)

cabbie

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Well I'm pretty pleased with myself that I figured out how to make these.

Its this gif:

ab71c9.jpg

Had some trouble uploading the zip to this post, so I hosted it here:
bootanimation.zip

Enjoy! Happy rebooting! :D

Reactions: Imposter
ooo i found a website with more gifs of this scene from Sin City. I can work on incorporating those later. Its just the sexiest damn thing I've ever seen.

You might notice the speed on the bootscreen is slowed down a bit in comparison to the posted gif. I think I'll speed it up some when I update.

The resolution is 480x640 so its optimized for the Evo's screen.

Upvote 0
ooo i found a website with more gifs of this scene from Sin City. I can work on incorporating those later. Its just the sexiest damn thing I've ever seen.

You might notice the speed on the bootscreen is slowed down a bit in comparison to the posted gif. I think I'll speed it up some when I update.

The resolution is 480x640 so its optimized for the Evo's screen.

uh, no. the Evo's screen is 480x800 :)

Upvote 0
i know that but i couldnt expand it to full screen without stretching the lovely miss alba out and i wouldnt want to do that.

the 480x640 fills all the way to the side and most of the vertical screen

there is something of hers id like to stretch out tho...

I bet you can crop the image to the right aspect ratio without losing any of the "important" details. that way she's not distorted, and you get a fullscreen bootscreen.

If you want to do it right, do a capture of the original footage in the 16:10 aspect ratio.

Upvote 0
btw anyone can change up the speeds on their own, this is how

download the zip
extract it so its a normal folder
open the 'desc' text file
on the first line you will see this
540 800 10
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1

The first line is the [width height speed]. Lowering it from '10' will slow it down and vice versa. The next two lines govern which gifs will play. The 2nd line basically is the images from the part0 folder that will play once and the third line is the images in the part1 folder that will loop.

After you make your changes, use the free program 7-zip to re-zip it. Open the bootanimation folder, select the three files (desc, part0, part1), right click and select 'add to archive'. You need to change compression level to 'store'

If you want to resize it for different phones, you will need to know your phones resolution (480x800 for evo) to find the sweet spot for different sized screens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones