• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps JNI examples for Android

Noting the lack of good docs for JNI on Android, I've written a document, describing in detail how to build and use a native library via JNI, with a complete working example project. You can find the document here: JNIExample.nw

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions, and hope that it will be useful to someone.
Wow, very thorough. Thanks for this...although im just starting to learn Java. I might be able to use this one day. Welcome to AF btw.

Upvote 0
Thank you for you thorough tutorial!

I was wondering if you could explain (or give hints of where to look, I've already searched it on google and I've downloaded the android source code) how the native libraries work in the case of accessing a device.

I need to extend the libraries to make it able to provide radio tuning using v4l2, I already have the driver.

Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones