Job is requiring a Samsung MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all I am currently using a Sprint HTC Hero though my job wants me to switch to the Moment. How do you all like it and what are some cons to this phone? I love my hero but the virtual keyboard in portrait mode, in my opinion, is to hard to type on with my big fingers...tell me what you all think....I am hitting Best Buy tomorrow.

- Does the screen really have a white tint to it?
    - is the screen actually wider than the Hero's?

does it have a virtual keyboard and can you calibrate it?

Advertisement
  2. massiveian

massiveian Well-Known Member

I think you mean does the screen have a bluish tint? And i dont notice it at all if it is there.

Im not sure but i believe the screens are exactly the same betweent he hero and moment.

And there is no way to calibrate the virtual keyboard. There is however a way to get the Hero keyboard on our phones.

The moment is a good phone it does have a weaker radio than the hero and GPS is also much weaker. Were not sure if its a hardware issue or software but we should know by next month when 2.1 comes out

3. imustbethedevil

imustbethedevil Member

Where do you work were they want you to have a moment? (What line of work?)

4. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sales....my phone is my primary communication tool
    takes to long to bang out emails on a virtual keyboard.

5. numus

numus Banned

Not even in the same ballpark.. Hero uses a TFT Backlight on the screen that gives it a yellowish hue that most people don't notice because they are so use to it in every other application (LCD monitors, "soft" light bulbs, etc.) The Samsung Moment uses an AMOLED (Active-matrix organic light emitting diode) screen which is closer (in terms of color) to full spectrum (which appears in the "cool" region of light)... Buy a full spectrum light bulb (you can use a GE natural daylight CFL bulb which mimics normal color ranges) and buy a regular "soft white" bulb (CFL or incandecent) and get a REAL white (not an off white or egg shell) piece of paper or wall... You still notice under incandencent or normal CFL it will look "white" to you (but in reality it has a skew towards yellow and red in the spectrum) under the Nautral Daylight bulb you will notice it will be slightly skewed to the Blue and Violet region... this is the color "white" is in reality as we percieve it due to our "calibration" (as you can call it) towards yellow and red to be natural.. if we see somethign that isn't what we are trained to believe is white we will percieve it as a drastic difference...

Hero Keyboard has full calibration on the moment just like on the hero...

Samsung moment has the same modem chip as the Motorola Droid (which is reported to have a better signal then the Droid Eris which is the equivalent of the Hero in hardware terms)...

6. massiveian

massiveian Well-Known Member

I'm sorry numus I didn't explain well enough. He asked if the heros screen was wider. So I was refering to the screens being the same size. All moment users know it has am AMOLED display that's why we got this thing lol. And I also meant there is no way to calibrate the stock moment virtual keyboard. Ill be more specific next time :p