1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Jorte notification sound

Last Updated:

1. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I use Jorte for my diary. I can't say I'm bowled over by it, but it seems to be the best of a pretty mediocre set of diary apps for Android!

My current problem is the notification alarm. By default I seem to have a very pathetic "bing". In fact I can barely remember what it sounds like, because it's so unnoticeable that it's a long time since I actually heard it! I keep missing things as a result, which in my book renders diary software not fit for purpose. So how do I change it? It certainly is not obvious to me that there is any way to do so! And why can't Android people write instructions for their software so that people can actually use it?

On a separate note I think diary program should allow you to choose for audible alerts to sound every few minutes until you acknowledge them. However, I am clearly living in some crazy fantasy land, with these ridiculous expectations! Rant over ...

Advertisement
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Sounds like the app is using the default notification sound. It should be in settings and sounds. You should be able to choose a different default notification.

wrigglesworth likes this.
  3. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Stuntman, that does indeed seem to be the case. Anyone know if it's possible to have different notification sounds for different purposes (beyond text messages and calls)? I'd quite like to distinguish diary appointments from everything else.

4. bls

bls Well-Known Member

I can't seem to make Jorte produce anything other than the standard notification tone, even when I change the settings under Options / Settings / Alert types: Alert, and selecting a ringtone as the alert sound.

Is it possible that there is some global setting outside Jorte that is overriding my ringtone choice? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

5. golfingator

golfingator Member

I am having the same issue that BLS had. Saw where no one responded, hoping for some help. Thanks

6. kuzar

kuzar New Member

I have sent the following message to both:
    apps@jorte.net, and info@johospace.co.jp but received no reply:
    To be sure: I don't get ANY ringtone at all!
    Settings/things checked:

• The phone is NOT on silent mode.
    • Alert type = Alert
    • Ringtone = I tried a number of them, including Default.
    • Important = not marked as important. Does it have to be?
    • Default Reminder = None
    Any suggestions?
    Sincerely,
    Ron Kuzar

7. angiembfl

angiembfl Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem as kuzar. I get no alert at all. Perhaps there's another calendar app out there that the notification actually works?

8. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

If you're not already using Calendar Snooze I'd highly recommend it, and I believe it will allow you to workaround this issue.

Unfortunately, I can't respond to the issue itself because once I started using CS I didn't look back. :)