1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Jott

Last Updated:

1. Motogirl

Motogirl Member This Topic's Starter

Sooooo...saw in action what Jott.com can do. Wow.

But, there's only the app for IPhone and Blackberry......and very little info on their site for android app.

At any rate, I have found some decent voice to text apps for to do lists, but nothing close to what Jott.com offers (voice direct into calendar, emailed/sms to do list) etc.

Anyone have suggestions? Anyone wanna make one? I've got .99c :D

Thanks in advance for your ideas!!

Advertisement
  2. robthecomputerguy

robthecomputerguy Member

I saw your post today I am desperate for a Jott replacement... I think the speech to text capability on Android is actually the replacement though? Speak to enter something into a list on any list/task manager on your phone?

3. bukzin

bukzin Active Member

Have a look at Vlingo.

Looks good to me!

4. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

I flashed HTC_IME keyboard, it has a button for google voice to text, so wherever there is a text field (calendar entry, task list, internet, text message, etc.) i can do voice to text.

edit: You can achieve a few of the things they offer with an app called Tasker (and so much more, albeit unrelated to what you're after)

Eventually they'll launch it on android, so you could always wait :)

good luck!

5. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

6. Phiasko

Phiasko New Member

Prior to the demise of IWantSandy.com (accessed via Jott), I was a happy camper. That was truly a GREAT app and was like having a personal assistant at my beck and call. Jott seemed to take it over, but never quite seemed to have the "oomph" that Sandy did. That said, I used Jott for everything, and being a list freak with severe memory loss, it was a great way to keep track of my life. On my old phone, I either speed dialed Jott or said "Call Jott" and took it from there. Ironically, this is not as easy (nor as fast) on my Droid X, so I have been waiting patiently for the Jott folks to stop ignoring this platform and offer the app (and make a killing--it's definitely worth paying fore). The paranoiac conspiracy-theorist in me speculates that some kind of deal was struck that Jott would NOT develop a Droid app in order to get the Apple/Blackberry deals--that's the only reason that makes even a bit of sense as to why a comparatively easy-to-develop and well-known app has not been created for the Droid.

Jott, if you are reading this, just imagine a few thousand of us, drumming our fingers on the table, tapping our toes, waiting.....waiting....waiting....:confused:

7. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Anyone tried quik gcal add ?

8. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Quoting myself: I looked at the above in the Market and thereby found Xinlu's Calendar Quick Add, which is free. It seems to work pretty well, at least for those of us who just want to add calendar appointments.

9. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Jott is shutting down its service :-(

So now i am more motivated to find alternatives and bug developers of existing related products to improve them.

10. FaxMan

FaxMan New Member

Jott orphans,

If you're looking for a phone based app that can do fairly simple voice-to-text in a controlled environment, there are a number of pretty neat apps out there. I use the built in Android and SwiftKeyboard voice recognition all the time.

If that's what you are looking for, please stop reading here. I don't want to waste your time.

If you're looking for a service that can transcribe more lengthy (up to 5 minutes) free-form speech -like meeting notes, field reports, ideas when you're driving down the road, voicemail messages you