• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Joystick Issues?

jrbury3

Lurker
Feb 11, 2010
I've had the Moment for about 1 1/2 months. At times, it seems as though the joystick is "stuck" - it moves the cursor all around (sort of like the center mouse on a laptop). Sometimes it will move around the screen, move from one screen to another, move the cursor when typing, etc... It makes the phone unusable. I've looked in a bunch of forums and haven't seen anyone else complain. I normally have to remove the battery and boot it back up and everything starts to work again. I had a zag on it, but removed it thinking it might be the problem (it wasn't). The Sprint store was zero help (it didn't happen while there).

Is there a way to disable the joystick? I'm tempted to just take the phone apart and remove it. Any help would be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones