jpeg of web pages visitedSupport

Last Updated:

1. mike146

mike146 Active Member This Topic's Starter

my apologies up front, because I know this was talked about at some point but I cannot find the thread with it.

just downloaded some pics from my incredible to the laptop, decided to let it download all from the phone, and along the way I noticed that there were screenshots of web pages I visited saved as jpegs which were downloaded along with my regular pictures and video taken.

Is there any way to stop this from happening???

thanks and sorry again.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Nope. It's just what Android does. If you go to your bookmarks, you will see thumbnails of what the webpage looks like.

mike146 likes this.
  3. mike146

mike146 Active Member This Topic's Starter

bookmarks are ok, but these were from websites visited. But now I know about it so will take proper precautions.

Thanks again.

4. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

Go to your internal storage to the "emmc" directory using a file browser like Astro (or whatever your preference is), delete the folder called ".bookmark_thumb1", and create a blank file with the same name (note that you need the "." at the beginning and it needs to be a file, not a folder).

That will prevent it from storing screenshots of your web browsing in that directory.

5. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

+1 i remember people thought that this was HTC/Verizon spying on people, lol