• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice Defender - Allowing certain apps

jerrad707

Oct 5, 2010
I use JD, and I like it's function of turning off data when the screen is off, however, I just started using Slacker Radio and I often will leave it playing while I am working but JD wont allow it to stream more than 1 song ahead due to it turning off data. My question is, can I set JD to allow a certain app (Slacker) or a number of apps to keep data active? My solution at the moment is to just disable JD, but that's a hassle, and I'd like to keep it running if possible. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Pandora plays for me even when screen is off. I have it set to visible in UJ.

Make sure your wifi sleep policy is set to never.

It is.

Wifi sleep is 'Never', Pandora app 'Visible', JD set to sever data when screen shuts off-

Since Pandora is set to "Visible", shouldn't it keep streaming? I get one song, then it resumes 'searching for carrier'. I turn on the screen, that message disappears, and then my song starts up again.

Im re-creating it right here-its sitting next to me, playing Stevie Nicks-when this song is over, it will sit silent until I resume the screen. All datas other than GPS are enabled. I let JD cut them when the screen goes dark. I thought that the point of the "Visible" setting was to over-ride that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones