• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Juice Defender help.

Ok, tried this for the last couple of days, unplugged yesterday on a full charge around midday, went out for a bit but used the net quite heavily through the day at regular intervals and the battery had turned yellow around 8pm.

Reckon there would have been another 2 hours max out of it if I didn't plug it in.

Quite happy with it although it lost connection a few times but I'm putting that down to the signal.

Upvote 0
Downloaded this last night... Seems to be ok, but I like to give things a good testing before putting out an opinion.
I came from an E71, on of the best phones I've ever owned... This is my first step away from Nokia in 12 years and the one gripe I have is the battery life!
I really want to like this phone, but the battery life is really bothering me. My trial period is up on saturday, so it'll be decision time then

Upvote 0
I'm new to an Android phone and have just downloaded this Juice defender app but am not sure how to use it. I don't leave my phone on all the time - just put it on for emails and occasional browsing on the net. Is it worth me having this programme at all and does anyone know if there are instructions about using it available on the net as I am scared to hit any key without knowing the consequences. (Not like my husband who just hits keys - I like to read a manual first)!! Also I am with Orange and live in an area where the reception is rubbish so I do need 3G to get access quite often.

Upvote 0
I find juice defender has really helped with battery life. I have upgraded to ultimate juice and have customized the settings so that 3g is disabled unless the screen is on or for a data sync 1 minute per hour.(I also have auto sync switched off in the main system settings). It's also scheduled to put the phone in airplane mode overnight and to control WiFi. Ie you live in an area with variable 3g strengths. if phone will always be trying to latch on and all kinds of apps might be trying to synchronize. I think JD has made quite a difference to my battery life.

Reactions: imbrennan46
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones