Juice defender & juice plotterSupport

Last Updated:

1. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any thoughts on juice defender and juice plotter? Does it actually work?

Advertisement
  2. BoozeRob

Bump. Anybody?

3. disciplined

disciplined Active Member

Juice Defender/Ultimate does not work for CMDA phones running android 2.1 (I have tried it). All it can do is influence the Wifi radio. A fix is on the way so we have to wait patiently, otherwise right now it can even be counterproductive to battery life.

It is a great program that I will defined use when a new version comes out.

The plotter works fine though.

BoozeRob likes this.
  4. BoozeRob

Hmm I guess I shouldn't have sprung for the ultimate version then. Lol

5. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

Does the free one work? It seems to... this app sounds great but not a lot of details on what is working on the incredible and what is not.

6. disciplined

the free and pro are the same except the pro simply unlocks added functionality. So no the free one does not work either.

The main point of the program is to shut off APN/wifi at certain intervals (like at night when ur sleeping, etc). Because it can't shut off the APN (3G), it is pretty useless right now. The program says it shuts it off, but it really doesn't.

I would recommend not using it until it gets fixed. The plotter is fine though.

7. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the plotter, just because I love data.

8. seoultrain

seoultrain Well-Known Member

Juice defender doesn't work? That's news to me.

I didn't actually set it up. My friend, who is a N1 user, tweaked the juice defender settings for me, and it's worked wonders. I don't miss any updates and my juice plotter graph is pretty much flat (I lose maybe 1% per hour) when I don't touch my phone. Seems like that kind of drain is indicative for APN being off most of the time.

Before he set it up, my battery life was in freefall. I had to bring my micro USB cord to work to charge the phone.

Now, if this improvement was caused by something else, I'm very excited for when juice defender gets updated and my battery life increases further.

9. disciplined

APN does not shut off. Try it yourself. Put the juicedefender APN widget on your homescreen. Use it to set APN to Off (user). Notice that 3g and/or wifi is still on and you can still go on internet/get email/etc. This shows that even when the app thinks its off the APN is still indeed on.

If it was working then when you turn APN Off, you would have no internet connectivity.

The N1 is not a CDMA phone (yet) and so it works.

10. micky33mm33

micky33mm33 New Member

It works fine for me - you just need to set it up correctly.

When I switch my screen back on, the APN is already off. I'm just sometimes having the problem of it taking a while to come back on.

If I switch it off manually though, I can't use any App that requires an internet connection due to it being disconnected. No email or Android Market either.

True story.......

11. kyle1745

It does not work on CDMA devices you can read it here:
    Latedroid: JuiceDefender

Has anyone contacted the developer? I did not see a way to do so on the site above.

12. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

While it APPEARS to work on the Milestone, it does nothing on the Sony Ericsson X10 (which is Android 1.6) and the widget that shows your battery improvement never changes from x1.0 (the Milestone can get up to x1.97).

13. ranstine

ranstine New Member

I downloaded Juice Plotter today and watched my battery % go from 95% to 55% in 45 minutes of heavy use. Is this normal? I've read the threads on bad battery life, but this drop really surprised me. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

14. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

I can second it does not work on a non-rooted HTC Incredible (CDMA Verizon) it can't turn off my data 3g connection. I even told it to to totally disable data all the time and it couldn't get it to turn off.. I know they have started rooting the incredible so I'm not sure if it works on a rooted one.. I don't want to mess around with rooting, I like the incredible the way it is.

15. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

it works on cdma devices now:)......really loving it!!:)....im using it on my non-rooted HTC evo now:)

16. kyle1745

Based on what? Has the developer posted that it now works with CDMA?

17. GrooGrux

GrooGrux New Member

Seems to work over here on my Evo. However, I have noticed that if you use the back button to leave the app, it seems to close it and then it doesn't work. I don't like that it doesn't let me know that. It also makes me do the setup like every damn time I open it if I use the back button to close it. Also, it seems to disable every time I enter it if I leave it using the home key, which is when it seems to work. I am not getting the notifications either.

Anyone else experiencing these things, or, am I just using this wrong or what?

18. GrooGrux

GrooGrux New Member

I take this back. This is definitely not working on my Evo. I have the battery below 15% and the 3G is still active with all other apps killed and hence no activity on the internet to keep it on.....

Any thoughts from anyone?

19. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here are the stats from juice plotter on my vzw incredible using system panel. been on for almost 2 days, since I turned my phone off for charging

20. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

It does the exact same thing on my X10 mini pro. I am pretty certain it worked on my X10 mini though.

21. past_pluto

past_pluto Active Member