• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice Defender - Laggy

I've only owned an Android for 6 days (Samsung Galaxy S i9000) and one of the first things I installed was Juice Defender, having used iPod Touch extensively, I know how heavy on battery things like WiFi can be.

Anyway, JD makes the phone really really laggy. It can take a minute sometimes (literally, 45-65 seconds) for the JD screen to come up when launched. Similarly when waking from sleep it takes ages for the data connections to become active again.

Have I misconfigured JD? Is it really this slow and creates this much lag? Does it just not like the (fairly new) i9000 ?

I've just uninstalled it there right now (left Ultimate Juice on) and the phone is much snappier. It's like using it for the first time. Which, considering JD was installed in the first half hour of my owning the phone, it kind of is.

What I really wanted was the WiFi on/off according to cell tower location data so I can have it go on and off when I leave the house. Guess it's no real biggie.

Having limited background data (e.g. the 2 mins per 15) is handy too.

Are there any other apps which have JD functions - even if more limited in scope - that I can try?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

No suggestions, just echoing the experience. Installed the free version of JD on my t-mobile branded HTC Hero. Almost immediately I noticed lag on pretty much every part of the phone. Also, the waking up for two minutes every 15 didn't seem to work all the time either. Just uninstalled as I'm not sure it even saved any battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones