Juice Defender vs. setCPU/AutoKiller

Last Updated:

1. HeXiiK

HeXiiK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now I have Juice Defender on my phone. It's running with the battery lasting 2x as much. Now, I have finally rooted my phone and now I use setCPU and AutoKiller on Optimized. Is it worth it to have Juice Defender?

Advertisement
  2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Since battery life and personal usage vary from user to user and phone to phone I think the best way to determine this answer would be to uninstall Juice defender and see what happens.

3. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

ive done the same thing this week and i get less battery life than 3weeks ago. ive even done the build prop mod plus i use y5

4. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Juicedefender used to have a bug that would corrupt its config and then eat your battery to death. (kind of ironic) It kept my phone from sleeping also. I ditched it and never looked back. Even when I was using it it said I only gained like 2% extra juice. HOLY MOLLY 2% LOL Meanwhile it wouldn't last the night unplugged because it wouldn't sleep.

5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Trial and error is what it's all about. ;)

6. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

after i installed a few rooted apps set cpu and have welldroid running it is a firewall app and it keeps my rooted app or i don't know which app but one app was constantly using my 3g and keeping my phone from sleeping. set cpu optimised for better battery life and i have played with it for a while and have only lost 10 percent

7. cbaty08

cbaty08 Well-Known Member

I am not sure you can really compare the two.. can you? I mean they all do different things really.

Sure, they all effect battery, but why would you not use more than one?

I would drop the autokiller that you use, with 2.2 you no longer need that, as it is built into the Os already.

I can't say enough good things about juice defender though, I even paid for the full version!

I must say though, to have JD work well, you need to read up on how to set your apps correctly and whatnot, otherwise you will just be frustrated wondering why your phone doesn't have data.

8. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Well-Known Member Developer

I use the Paid root version of Juice Defender and the battery life on my Triumph Seems to have almost doubled. I have customized the heck out of it though. Set to turn on wifi and toggle mobile data based on location data Google is already collecting. 3g & Wi-Fi to turn off when my screen is off and any transferring data has finished. Is set to turn them on every 15 minutes during peek time if any running apps want to sync then turn off when they have completed. 30 minutes during off peek and then every three hours when I am sleeping just so I don’t wake up to every one of my apps trying to get online. Sorry I am starting to go on a rant but I actually had a question. I also am currently allowing Juice Defender to underclock my CPU when I am not actively using it. If I installed setCPU would it be best to disable this feature and let setCPU take over or could I use setCPU to overclock and still allow Juice Defender to scale it down?
    Also, I have installed Auto Killer and it’s like I have an entirely different phone. I have read that this app should no longer be needed but the difference in my phones performance has been undeniable. Could this be because Virgin Mobil had messed with the intended Android settings as prior to Rooting this was a very buggy phone. Since it has been rooted with all the bloatware removed and Juice Defender and Auto Killer installed my Triumph has been running circles around some of the higher end phones owned by some of the guys at my office. I can’t properly express in words the difference doing the above three things has made in the overall performance of my phone. Could Virgin Mobile have possibly messed with it that badly? Maybe is why somehow the phone ended up shipping already rooted with sudo installed. Phone can be Rooted and un-rooted with a line of code entered into a terminal emulator, no software to be installed. Have tested and a reboot of the phone is not even required when either rooting or un-rooting. Sorry, doing that rant thing again.