• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Juiceddefender :: Yes or No?

HeXiiK

Aug 6, 2010
I have found that using this juiceddefender application to be very useful. It turns off all data and wick connections when the phone is not in use (if you know how to set the application up correctly..) There is a quick setup..but then you wont get the maximized result. Now, my question is.. Is this messing to much with the updated 2.2 os? I've been reading that having an app like this is bad. Well I can tell you that making my battery life 3.5 times longer than normal is nice. Im at 50 or 60ish% right now and ny phone has been up offthe charger since 6. What do you guys think?

You phone has been off the charger for 7ish hours and you are down to 50%? I would say its not doing much but I don't know what you normally get for battery life out of your phone.

With my use, my battery could be dead in less than 6 hours most of the time:(

Juice defender definately helps a little. I also have a spare battery from my D1 that I keep in my pocket at all times fully charged.
I'm always having to switch batteries.

Upvote 0
I'd be pretty disappointed if my phone only had 50% after 7 hours. I usually end the day with 60-70%, and my phone gets about as much use as my laptop, which is a lot.

:eek:. Maybe we all have a different definition of heavy usage.
60-70% at the end would surprise me even with an extended battery on moderate-heavy usage.

Reactions: foobah
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You folks telling others NO on this app need to do some homework on latedroid's support page... Apps - Latedroid | awesome apps

This app is great and I HIGHLY recommend it. You need to be sure to set the different schedules for peak hours/traffic times, how often to connect to data, which apps can connect to data.

It even has a few different sizes of widgets that let you toggle data or even JuiceDefender all together if you'd like..

Don't take my word for it, download the beta and use it for free, folks.

I give this app a 10 and I even bought the full version.

Upvote 0
I use my X frequently throughout the day. Email, phone calls, SMS barrage lol. I also use it for FB and Twitter when I'm not near a computer. Foursquare when I go somewhere and the music app for when i am driving. I use the extended battery. I took it off the charger at 5 AM this morning and I am showing 70% right now. Battery is set to performance.

Some days I don't put it down and I drain it a bit faster, but w/ the extended batt I have no problem getting through a day.

Upvote 0
Guys above, let's keep this about JuiceDefender and your opinion of it... I know I couldn't care less about your usage over time, and it's affects to your battery life.

I'd personally like to here more opinions on the app like the OP....

EDIT: OP I never answered your question about how apps like this are bad for the 2.2 OS.... the answer is both yes and no... Automatic task killers are what you want to stay away from. This program is in no way shape or form a task killer, but a manager of which apps you want to allow a data connection to...

Ask questions if you got 'em folks...

Reactions: HeXiiK
Upvote 0
Guys above, let's keep this about JuiceDefender and your opinion of it... I know I couldn't care less about your usage over time, and it's affects to your battery life.

I'd personally like to here more opinions on the app like the OP....

EDIT: OP I never answered your question about how apps like this are bad for the 2.2 OS.... the answer is both yes and no... Automatic task killers are what you want to stay away from. This program is in no way shape or form a task killer, but a manager of which apps you want to allow a data connection to...

Ask questions if you got 'em folks...
Sorry about that. What I was trying to get at was that I get great battery life, even without Juice Defender. I could get a solid day with moderate use with the stock battery as well.

Upvote 0
i use the wifi at work to download new roms and themes during my shift. alot of times the wifi is so slow that itll take 2 or 3 hours to download just 1 rom. so, alot of times my phone is running constantly through my 10.5 hour shift and when i leave its still above 50%. if thats not heavy usage i dont know what is. btw, thats without juicedefender.
The other day I was busy but set up several themes to download, I didn't realize they were going to take a couple hours each. I started the downloads at 8:30 and it took them until around 7 that night to finish, other than that I just had the usual text and calls but didn't use the internet like normal and my battery was at 60 percent when I put it on the charger. Downloads don't take much juice. When work is slow and i'm on the internet constantly my phone only lasts about 3 hours

Upvote 0
Yeah. I had with mine I tripled the length of my battery life. The reason it was 50% was because I used the internet for about an hour and half in the morning downloading a surfing. This I do think really helps your phone. Controlling the data download from your nearest tower is the ultimate battery saver. Instead of constantly having your data arriving and leaving it.

Upvote 0
Guys above, let's keep this about JuiceDefender and your opinion of it... I know I couldn't care less about your usage over time, and it's affects to your battery life....

You're not the only one.

It kills me when people boast about (don't worry, I'm not referring to anyone in this thread) how incredible their battery lasts under 'heavy usage'. All I have to say it this, if you pull your phone off the charger at 5:00 am and by 11:00 that night your phone is still above 70% and you consider yourself a 'heavy user', then my definition of heavy user is quite different from your definition.

Think it's in the way you have your phone set up? Ok, I'm willing to give it the ol Pepsi challenge if you are. I will swap phones with you, plug them in overnight and take them both off the charger at 7:00 am sharp with a 100% charge on the both of em. Now I'm not saying that come 8:00 pm you won't still have 70% left on my phone... what I'm saying is come 8:00 pm your phone will be stone dead!

This I will lay money on! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones