Juiceddefender :: Yes or No?Support

Last Updated:

1. HeXiiK

HeXiiK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have found that using this juiceddefender application to be very useful. It turns off all data and wick connections when the phone is not in use (if you know how to set the application up correctly..) There is a quick setup..but then you wont get the maximized result. Now, my question is.. Is this messing to much with the updated 2.2 os? I've been reading that having an app like this is bad. Well I can tell you that making my battery life 3.5 times longer than normal is nice. Im at 50 or 60ish% right now and ny phone has been up offthe charger since 6. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

You phone has been off the charger for 7ish hours and you are down to 50%? I would say its not doing much but I don't know what you normally get for battery life out of your phone.

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

With my use, my battery could be dead in less than 6 hours most of the time:(

Juice defender definately helps a little. I also have a spare battery from my D1 that I keep in my pocket at all times fully charged.
    I'm always having to switch batteries.

4. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty disappointed if my phone only had 50% after 7 hours. I usually end the day with 60-70%, and my phone gets about as much use as my laptop, which is a lot.

5. cableguynoe

:eek:. Maybe we all have a different definition of heavy usage.
    60-70% at the end would surprise me even with an extended battery on moderate-heavy usage.

foobah likes this.
  6. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

no... bought it, uninstalled.

7. cableguynoe

Can you tell us why?...

Did you not liked the way it works? Or did you feel it didn't work?

8. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

9. cbaty08

cbaty08 Well-Known Member

You folks telling others NO on this app need to do some homework on latedroid's support page... Apps - Latedroid | awesome apps

This app is great and I HIGHLY recommend it. You need to be sure to set the different schedules for peak hours/traffic times, how often to connect to data, which apps can connect to data.

It even has a few different sizes of widgets that let you toggle data or even JuiceDefender all together if you'd like..

Don't take my word for it, download the beta and use it for free, folks.

I give this app a 10 and I even bought the full version.

10. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

i use the wifi at work to download new roms and themes during my shift. alot of times the wifi is so slow that itll take 2 or 3 hours to download just 1 rom. so, alot of times my phone is running constantly through my 10.5 hour shift and when i leave its still above 50%. if thats not heavy usage i dont know what is. btw, thats without juicedefender.

11. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I use my X frequently throughout the day. Email, phone calls, SMS barrage lol. I also use it for FB and Twitter when I'm not near a computer. Foursquare when I go somewhere and the music app for when i am driving. I use the extended battery. I took it off the charger at 5 AM this morning and I am showing 70% right now. Battery is set to performance.

Some days I don't put it down and I drain it a bit faster, but w/ the extended batt I have no problem getting through a day.

12. cbaty08

cbaty08 Well-Known Member

Guys above, let's keep this about JuiceDefender and your opinion of it... I know I couldn't care less about your usage over time, and it's affects to your battery life.

I'd personally like to here more opinions on the app like the OP....

EDIT: OP I never answered your question about how apps like this are bad for the 2.2 OS.... the answer is both yes and no... Automatic task killers are what you want to stay away from. This program is in no way shape or form a task killer, but a manager of which apps you want to allow a data connection to...

Ask questions if you got 'em folks...

HeXiiK likes this.
  13. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. What I was trying to get at was that I get great battery life, even without Juice Defender. I could get a solid day with moderate use with the stock battery as well.

14. cableguynoe

Well JD helps my battery.
    Some here have said they don't like it because they don't like that it turns off 3g.
    But is anyone saying that JD doesn't improve their battery?

15. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

The other day I was busy but set up several themes to download, I didn't realize they were going to take a couple hours each. I started the downloads at 8:30 and it took them until around 7 that night to finish, other than that I just had the usual text and calls but didn't use the internet like normal and my battery was at 60 percent when I put it on the charger. Downloads don't take much juice. When work is slow and i'm on the internet constantly my phone only lasts about 3 hours

16. MalikBear

MalikBear Well-Known Member

I'm all for ultimate juice, my 2 days without it didn't compare with having it. I would say at least a 3hr difference.

17. HeXiiK

HeXiiK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah. I had with mine I tripled the length of my battery life. The reason it was 50% was because I used the internet for about an hour and half in the morning downloading a surfing. This I do think really helps your phone. Controlling the data download from your nearest tower is the ultimate battery saver. Instead of constantly having your data arriving and leaving it.

18. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

well i wasnt bragging about my battery. thats lame. i was letting those with a short battery life know that there is a way around it. i dont believe in "miracle apps". i have jd on my phone and ill be fair and give it a shot. but i dont think itll make much difference. my phone used to be on the charger constantly. not anymore

19. cableguynoe

So what's your secret for long battery life?

20. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Who F'd up and made you a guide! Whats up with the D2, couldn't get ya to an X but a D2? weak :D

21. cableguynoe

lol. What's up Jreed. I dont know what happened. One day I woke up and I was a guide. I guess all that suffering with the Eris paid off.

D2 all the way baby!

22. jreed2560

hey I suffered too, :( I guess I run my mouth too much.

23. cableguynoe

Your destiny is to stay on the island:p

24. jreed2560

I tear up a little just thinking about it

25. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

You're not the only one.

It kills me when people boast about (don't worry, I'm not referring to anyone in this thread) how incredible their battery lasts under 'heavy usage'. All I have to say it this, if you pull your phone off the charger at 5:00 am and by 11:00 that night your phone is still above 70% and you consider yourself a 'heavy user', then my definition of heavy user is quite different from your definition.

Think it's in the way you have your phone set up? Ok, I'm willing to give it the ol Pepsi challenge if you are. I will swap phones with you, plug them in overnight and take them both off the charger at 7:00 am sharp with a 100% charge on the both of em. Now I'm not saying that come 8:00 pm you won't still have 70% left on my phone... what I'm saying is come 8:00 pm your phone will be stone dead!

This I will lay money on! ;)