JuiceDefender Beta

Last Updated:

1. Yith

Yith Member This Topic's Starter

I've had pretty bad battery life on my Evo 4G. I figured I just had to live with it but I was starting to think it was just too bad to be normal.

Well I don't know if the app just works that well, or there was another app/service seriously draining my battery but after installing "JuiceDefender Beta" my battery hasn't dropped down to half a battery since last night and this morning I browsed the web a bit took some pictures with Vignette testing things out.. launched some other apps.. texted etc..

Well normally if I don't plug in my Evo before I go to sleep I wake up to at least half a battery and it very rapidly dies from there.

I feel like I got 8 hours of moderate usage before I felt like the battery was too close to dying to not charge it up.

I suspect it was an idle battery usage problem but I'm really excited for my battery lasting now.

Try it out if you're getting very bad battery life.

I have JuiceDefender Beta on the normal settings, I don't even really see it turning anything off or notice any performance changes or it taking any longer to use data or anything.
    :D

Advertisement
  2. ogrenator

ogrenator Well-Known Member

yeah been using this for a while its deff good stuff works pretty well

3. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Which one, there's two free versions

4. Allen832

Allen832 New Member

There is JuiceDefender and Juice Defender Beta
    The one that is titled JuiceDefender is stable, the one titled JuiceDefender beta is just that; a beta version

5. NickAppleese

NickAppleese Well-Known Member

I've been using JuiceDefender (paid) for some time, now. With moderate usage, I can get a day+ out of a full battery before it hits the red. By the time I'm done with work on an 8 hour shift, I still have 75-80% battery.

6. Yith

Yea I switched to normal from beta for more stability and I will most likely be buying the full version soon.

Why doesn't the phone do all this on it's own is all I wonder..

7. Yith

I bought the full version - no regrets. As of now according to the app I get 1.88x more battery life than without it. It may change as I'm going to let it start to run out.. but I know as the battery turns red it saves even more power so it may take a while to kill it : D

Someone should really sticky info and a link to this app, I know I saw a thread where people are telling you to disable EVERYTHING that makes that Evo special to squeeze out a little more battery life, I'm not disabling anything now.

Oh well hopefully eventually people find out about it.

8. aarrowgant

aarrowgant Member

Actually you are disabling everything, just through Juice Defender. It then turns them back on when you need it.

It does OK if you get the premium version, but unless you are getting on and off your phone using "everything that makes that Evo special" you can spend the 8 seconds or so a few times a day to switch on and off what you need.

I manage what my Evo uses manually and I get around 16 hours of moderate use throughout the day.

9. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

I've been trying this app out and haven't noticed any difference good or bad.

10. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

Same here, I uninstalled it after a few days as it wasnt giving me any real noticeable improvement, though the app itself claimed it was. I can still average about 15hrs of moderate use with/without it.

11. kapopoy

kapopoy New Member

is this juice defender beta compatible with SE xperia x10 mini pro? please respond. :))

12. Carpe Nocturnal

Carpe Nocturnal Well-Known Member

been using this app for a week now since i saw this thread and my battery life has improved greatly. Thanks to those who mentioned it

13. Halfbaked

Halfbaked Banned

You are absolutely right. You can do it manually which is what I do. Of course if I'm not using using a radio the radio is off.

14. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

The free version is only going to help with standby battery life, for the most part anyways.

Prior to Gingerbread, I would say yes, definitely use it, but now I can see no noticeable difference in standby battery performance.

15. fletch007

fletch007 Member

How come there isn't a regular version in the Market, I only see the beta?

16. BHalbrooks

BHalbrooks Well-Known Member

So it's not really needed if you've got the GB running in your phone? My idle battery life is amazing right now, 10% in 10 hours. I can't imagine anything more than that is possible!

17. BHalbrooks

BHalbrooks Well-Known Member

I don't mean to argue with you, but it did.
    I believe Android even said it themselves.

18. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

No argument necessary with anyone...you are correct. It was included in the list of improvements. Not since gingerbread has my standby battery life been this good. Prior to gingerbread, I would have used juice defender, because it's much easier (for me) to let the app do the power management.

19. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Pay zero attention to this once-again banned troll.

I take a few hours off for Dad's Day - knew he'd be here. <sigh>

The individual in question knows zero.

Please don't respond to him.

20. gordonronco

gordonronco Member

downloaded the free version, 1.76x increase in battery life. loved it so much that i pirated the ultimate version! hated that so i went back to the basic one lol

seriously awesome program. i love that when im at work and home (both on wifi networks) it turns off my mobile data. i went from charging my phone twice a day to going 24+ hours (of moderate use) between charges.

21. sexyington

sexyington Well-Known Member

i find the juice defender to be a waste of room, i would go with white killer which seems to be the best app killer on the market and saves the battery alot

22. gamblor01

gamblor01 Well-Known Member

Wow -- that is pretty awful. I wonder if there is something wrong with your battery. I have seen people complaining that they got like 6 hours of standby time on the Evo, and all I can say is that they either did something wrong (like had a ton of stuff running) or had a defective battery. Either that or they live somewhere with terrible coverage and the phone is constantly searching for a signal.

I can get well over 50 hours of battery life on my phone, even with some light to moderate usage. If you want proof -- I just posted a video on YouTube about this:

YouTube - &#x202a;Proof of great battery life on HTC Evo&#x202c;&rlm;

My usage was fairly close to average (a little less than my average) the past few days so I'll probably hit 60 hours on this charge. Certainly when I turn on GPS and music while using runkeeper it will drain quicker. But I usually only consume about 20% of my battery for a 45-60 min run. The remaining 80% is still more than enough to last the rest of the day.

Do you use the chat function in the Talk application? I never use that so I disabled the auto sign-in for that...which I think is a huge battery saver.

I tried JuiceDefender in the past but it caused my phone to lag when I would unlock it. I didn't like having to wait for like 10 seconds before my phone would finally respond normally. This happened every time I unlocked it, which was very irritating. I haven't reinstalled in a long time so I don't know if this is still a problem but I haven't really needed it anyway.

driftindaddy likes this.
  23. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

I mean, all it does is turn off your 3g/wifi when the screen is off. I haven't noticed a difference.

24. victek

victek Well-Known Member

I've been using Juice Defender Plus and am thinking of trying the beta. Anyone know if it's necessary to uninstall first before installing the beta?