JuiceDefender???

Last Updated:

1. devobail

devobail Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had an app on my Hero called Juicedefender that pretty much doubled my battery life, the app description says it may not work on CDMA phones but it did in fact work for the Hero. Sadly it does not work on my Evo and thats to bad considering that it would be very helpful. Anyone know of any similar programs that will work on the Evo?

Advertisement
  2. Dr.Evo

Dr.Evo Active Member

Check out SweetDreams. It's very similar. I just installed it to see how it works for me..

3. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

Juicedefender just got updated for CDMA devices....it works like a charm now........ive tried all sorts of battery saving tips but so far i think this has worked best..........im just using the easy settings by the way:)

4. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Going to try it. My current record is 24.5 hours.

5. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I went 10.5 hours to 59% the other day and though my usage has shifted from more talk and fidgeting to more text and browsing, I have made 11.5 hours to 61% today. Granted that could be usage. I think this app is going to work wonders for people who's phones stay in standby mode a lot.

Seems like it's making a big difference on standby. Barely losing "juice" at all on an hourly rate.

Edit: been in mostly standby mode since I last posted yesterday evening. Once I turned my wifi off (I don't use it) it's been amazing. 18.5 hrs 51%.

Edit #2: 8am 22.5 hours 30% left. I have to say I'm impressed with the juice defender, highly recommended. Just make sure when you check battery status to use the phone for a couple of minutes prior to so you can get a realistic shot of how much power is left, seems to hold steady and then drop several % at once. I think the juice defender shuts down everything but the minimum.

Why didn't the phone do this to begin with.