• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

July, hottest month ever!!!!!!!!

what kind of weather do you like?

• well done (100+degrees)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • medium (80-90)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • medium rare (70-80)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • rare (70 and below)

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
I was wrong.

The 10 days of 100-degree heat or higher was the second-longest such streak on record here; the topper was August 1936, which logged 13 days in a row.

Since June. A total of 37 days at or above 100 degrees, the most ever recorded here.

479 deaths by heat-related illness in the St. Louis area. Among the victims were 29 children.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
Yeah first 20 years of my life was in Orlando area for the most part. Having oceans on both sides both limit max temp, and minimum humidity. 98 in both cases :p
yup!!! i live 1 hour south of orlando. and hot as hell, nice on the coasts because of sea breeze but just don't make it too center. still like it here.

Upvote 0
man its like 102 here in LA and i can barely move. i can't imagine adding humidty to the mix. yuk. to all those who live in high humidity conditions, MOVE!!!!!!! lol

and my heart goes out to all of those who are affected by the heat and drought happening across the US right now. i hope it rains soon for everyone:D

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
I took this picture on top of Green Tree hill on the parkway west in Pittsburgh. Mind you this was in June!
uploadfromtaptalk1344563403084.jpg

Upvote 0
Wish it had been hot here!

In Seattle we were below average and I think we hit 80 less than 5 days all year so far :(

why so sad? i would totally appreciate that. its hard to sleep in 80 degree weather without a fan. even then it is very uncomfortable. i might have to ditch my memory foam mattress and go for something more traditional or at least something cooler.

Upvote 0
man its like 102 here in LA and i can barely move. i can't imagine adding humidty to the mix. yuk. to all those who live in high humidity conditions, MOVE!!!!!!! lol

and my heart goes out to all of those who are affected by the heat and drought happening across the US right now. i hope it rains soon for everyone:D

Hopefully things have improved in much of L.A. since I was a kid. When I was living in the San Fernando valley there were hardly any homes that actually had air conditioners! :eek: On the occasions it got really hot, we simply piled into the first available car and headed over to Will Rogers beach until the weather cooled down... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones