• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jump from 3GS to Desire

vince1

Jul 18, 2010
Ireland
Im thinking of getting the HTC Desire. What do real users think of this phone. I have a iPhione 3GS and its a good phone but want to try out android.

I assume that Android is a good stable OS??

I had symbian phones years ago and they where a disaster. If you installed a number of programs it just stated to crash. Does Android suffer from this?

How is sync handled as I hate using itunes.

Thanks, all comments welcome

Well, my partner made the move from a 3GS to a Desire and hasnt looked back! And myself from a 3GS to the X10, again, havent looked back :p.

We havent got hundreds of apps installed (yet :p) but, we do have a fair few and havent encountered any issues yet. I used to have Symbian too and hated how it crash and the look of it as well. Where as the Desire, I prefer the UI on that to the X10, as well as the Sense UI :).

The only downside I can see, from an iPhone to Android is, not all apps are available, or games. But for the most part, there is an alternative. All the apps I used on my iPhone, I dont have the same ones on Android but, I have one which does the same job. It also has true multi tasking :p. I hated when I read my email on the iphone and i clicked a link, to close the browser, it closed the email, then id have to reopen email. Where as on Android, I just hit the back button and it goes back to my email :D. Also good for ad supported apps/games. I lost count of the number of times I hit an ad accidentally on the iPhone, only to have to restart the game/app but, again on Android, just hit the back button and it closes the browser, or market place and takes you back to where you were :).

Upvote 0
Should be too much of a change as this is how my iphone home screen looks.

762dc986.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones