• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jumped ship

Hey guys,
Just went from an iPhone 3G to an HTC EVO 4G and am getting use to it. Loving the customization, but not loving the battery life issues. But i am adapting, keeping a micro-USB cable everywhere i spend any significant amount of time.

Welcome to the dark side ;)

I hear you on the battery life, but it might not be as bad as it appears. I know they say that LiIon batteries don't need conditioning, but trust me, cycle the battery at least twice and I'll bet you'll see a marked improvement. Let the battery drain until the phone shuts off and then recharge to full using the AC adapter (not the USB cable) then use it for a day or so and repeat the process. There are plenty of other tips to optimize your new phone, that is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Android.

Upvote 0
HI. I have a HTC evo, its my first android and I love it. But, the battery issue it a big problem. And yes, I have cycle the battery, on purpose and not. With Continuous use it last 4 hours. BUT I have learn some tips to get more of it, most found on the web.
1. Disable Automatic Roaming and use Sprint Only; 2. disable auto sync of things you don't use like, News, Stocks, Twitter, I also have disable from apps, Last.fm and a second email, also the ones that do autosync like facebook email and weather or watever you want to autosync change to less update frequency; 3. Manually lower the phone brightness to adjust you enviroment; 4. Download a task killer (I have Advance task killer) and kill those apps you aren't using (like games you finish playing); 5. If you are not using Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi keep them turn off; 6. Always learn and keep in mind those apps/services that drain the battery most, so you control the use or use when phone is plug/charging. (like Wi-Fi tethering, Bluetooth tethering, some games, video call {qik and fring}, etc); 7. At last buy a car charger or extra battery.

I really really hope with Froyo update my battery last a little longer.
I think the battery issue is the price to pay for having a mini laptop on your pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones