• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jumpin' to Android after iPhone for 4 Years

wicked1

Jan 24, 2010
Tired of having to Jail Break my iPhone to get it to do things it should without a JB...

I am looking at the Samsung Note, Galaxy S3 in Ceramic white, and the Note II, but that may not come out until the end of the year, and I need phone now.

Ok, so I am on AT&T, staying there by the way.

Which phone seems to be better even though they are so different, but I like the feel of the larger Note

So should I wait for the Note II and get a Galaxy S3 for now, or will the current note work well with JellyBean 4.1?

cant fault the note. agree with the guy above, all other phones are like toys. screens seem unusable by comparison. You end up not thinking twice about grabbing the note and just using it for everything, without encumbrance. I would go for a "deal" on the Note, as prices are falling with S3 stealing the limelight and Note 2 round the corner, for 99% of the capability at perhaps 50% of the price.

I rooted mine and am happily trying out different roms with the various S3 software, mostly gimmicks anyhow. Sticking now to basics, music, photos, browsing and email, skype and whatsapp, and a couple of recreational games. All are brilliant on the Note 1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones