Jumping ship from sprint to verizon

Last Updated:

1. Bperry

Bperry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Sprint 2 Sprint Epic's right now. I am very displeased with the service in my area and the upload cap plus the extra $20 per month. I am thinking of switching companies from sprint to Verizon and getting 2 fascinates.

Looking through the fascinate forum it seems this phone is plagued with a different set of problems than the epic. Is this phone pretty much the same thing except the qwerty keyboard? My main thing I want is good camera/video quality.

I can get a 20% discount through work so Verizon is about the same cost per month.

Advertisement
  2. gingergirl

gingergirl Well-Known Member

Bperry... Verizon ROCKS!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

You won't be disappointed with the Fascinate at all it is the best android device I have owned. I am coming from the Droid X and this phone is excellent no issues at all.

4. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Verizon, but keep in mind the Fascinate is made by the same people and is basically the same phone as the Epic so if you're not happy with the Epic you probably won't be happy with the Fascinate.

5. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

sweet your went over to the SF from X.. i'm doing the same.. just gotta go pick up my SF from the post office.

to OP: yes SF has different issues then the Epic, but hopefully the fixes will come shortly for it. From what i heard SF is a great phone and you won't be disappointed. As for Verizon service, You WILL LOVE IT!

6. Bperry

I am very happy with the Epic. Just pissed at service.

Is there free visual voicemail with this phone?

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Not from Verizon I think their VVM is $2.99 a month or something. There are apps of course, but YMMV with those apps

8. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

Verizon has been excellent this phone is just a double dose of awesome. As for visual voicemail. It is not free but I use Google voice....

9. PJnc284

PJnc284 Well-Known Member

Google Voice is free aside from the minutes used when it forwards voice mail to your google voice number.

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah but those suckers can add up if you get a lot of missed voicemail and arent careful. Im not complaining of course since Google Voice is outstanding. But it should be noted nevertheless, especially on a family plan. 3-4 lines with everyone using GV next thing you know 100 minutes a week go just to that

11. PJnc284

For those people, I'd hope they have Friends & Family. ;)

12. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sadly we dont anymore. We found out collectively we were only using 450 minutes or so; so we dropped down from 1400 to 700 and in so doing lost our F&F. :(

13. Bperry

Crap the fascinate doesn't have a forward facing camera either. Boo.......

14. PJnc284

Do you really know that many people where you'd use a FFC? Nothing on Verizon has one at this time. It's a nice gimmick but not very useful at this point.

15. Bperry

Yes my wife, and its great to say goodnight to the kids when I am at work.

16. saps

saps Well-Known Member

It might be a gimmick but everyone is going that way. My son has the new ipod and my brother has the new iphone so they can face time or whatever its called. I love my SF but I guarantee most high end smartphones will have them henceforth

17. PJnc284

I'm sure it'll go that way once LTE rolls out and becomes more widespread with the backbone to support it but right now, you're pretty limited. IIRC Facetime is limited to apple devices and only available over wifi for the time being. If I'm around wifi, I'll just use my PC and skype or the recent built in google integration. The only others are the Evo and Epic which also have Wimax access.