General "Jumping Ship"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lance-tek, Nov 9, 2010.

1. lance-tek

lance-tek Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Database Administrator
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have decided to jump ship on the Eris. I contacted Verizon last week to inquire about costs and that ended up becoming an issue. I used the "chat" app on the website. I spent an hour with someone and he didn't answer a single question for me. I ended up expressing how bad that service was in the chat just before I closed it. *I was cordial but I let him know I was extremely dissatisfied with the service*

I sent an email about the chat and the transcript to the customer service dept when it was all done...

I have been waiting for the Global becuase of the OS, Processor, battery life, and GSM (I am heading to Iraq in a few months). Today it became available online so I called them up and once again explained that I was unhappy with my Eris, I am over 10 months into this contract (less than 12 though) but wanted to upgrade earlier than 1 year. They sent me to tech support where I explained it again (and was actually thinking I was going to get another Eris from them but that was not my intent). They said I can swap for a Droid (original) or use my early upgrade with the fee waived. So, I did the early upgrade for the Droid 2 Global (black).

So, they are shipping it today (overnight - fee is waived for that too). And I will have a new phone (MUCH better) when I get home from work tomorrow.

The Eris was a good starter Droid for me but it was not all that I was told it would be. So now I am moving on to presumably greener pastures...

Oh and the Verizon Trade In program now has the Eris for only $40 instead of $135 :rolleyes:

-lance

Advertisement
  2. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Application Developer
    Alabama
    Well, I've thoroughly enjoyed my Eris, but I am looking for something more powerful for Christmas this year... Enjoy your Droid 2. I'm looking for a Droid X, or Maybe the new Samsung with the ticker screen.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    i traded in my eris for a DX and totally did not make a thread here for it

just sayin...

and i did get the $135

:p

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    LOL didnt you just say this in the D2 forum? And Its not really nice to post about leaving a phone in its forum. Its happening too many times. Also the DROID2G is not black, its Dark Sapphire (Dark/Navy Blue). If that looks black to you, I would have my eyes examined.

5. lance-tek

lance-tek Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Database Administrator
    Indianapolis, IN
    I do wear glasses :p

I will say that the Eris was a great upgrade from where I was but, after on a couple of days I really appreciate the performance gain. If anyone needs an Eris... I have one to spare ;-)

-lance