Jumping to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from BlackberrySupport

1. TheJax

TheJax New Member

Hello All..

Since Blackberry appears to be a sinking ship, I've been looking at going Android. Leaning toward the new Samsung Note 3 (screen size, power and latest OS).

Just have a couple of questions for you Android guru's..

- My company is running Exchange 2003. Will I be able to connect to it and sync mail, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks?

- I haven't seen a definitive answer if this device will support Flash.

Thanks.:D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :D

Flash is no longer supported, this was adobes decision. You can still download the flash apk and sideload it from adobes website, but official support for the app is gone.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3, and it have an option to connect to exchange services in my email. I would assume Samsung hasn't gotten rid of that feature yet.

Also, I'm going to move this on over to the Note 3 forums where others with your device can provide some support. :)
  3. TheJax

TheJax New Member

Thanks for the info..

In regard to syncing with Exchange...You can sync everything? mail, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes? What protocol is it using?

Thanks for the info on Flash..Didn't have it on my BB Bold so I won't miss it! Sorry for postig in wrong place.
  4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

From what I can do through Exchange on my Note 2, this is what I see available:

-Conversation view filter
    -Sync Email
    -Sync Contacts
    -Sync Calendar
    -Sync Task
    -Sync SMS

So, only thing I don't see is Notes. I tried to do a test to see what can be done to sync notes, but didn't really see anything.

Only thing I sync is Email, so I can't really comment on how good the sync is with everything (aside from emails...which sync absolutely great on the Note 2, so I'd imagine it'd be just as good, if not better on the Note 3).
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. TheJax

TheJax New Member

Thanks!
  6. redpill2016

redpill2016 Well-Known Member

7. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

8. redpill2016

redpill2016 Well-Known Member

Kind of sad to see a company go from having a near monopoly in enterprise business to being sold for spare parts just a few short years later.
  9. FlyingPigL

FlyingPigL Well-Known Member

As far as flash support. Does anyone use Flashify to get their on-phone browser (Boat or Dolphin, or ::shudders:: Firefox) to have Flash support? Someone mentioned this to me and I'm trying to understand how it works.
  10. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Adobe discontinued creating/updating flash support last year, but for current phones (and older phones), you can download the official Adobe Flash apk onto the phone and side-load flash. There are only certain browsers that will still support flash (e.g. stock browser, dolphin, firefox, boat...not sure what others).

Once you've installed the apk onto the phone, you'll need to enable plug-ins on the browser you're using (the settings are different for each of the browsers, but you'll see them when going into the settings for the browser). Dolphin is the most straight forward, as it clearly states "enable flash." Dolphin only recently re-applied the flash setting enable/disable toggle, but I haven't used that browser in quite some time.

If you want to see instructions, it's been discussed in several of the forums, but the easiest would be to look at the Note 2 forums, as that would be the closest process to the Note 3.
    FlyingPigL likes this.