Just a couple of Rootine Questions

Last Updated:

1. Smithyster

Smithyster Member This Topic's Starter

Just a couple questions about roots guys.

Basically, i followed Lekkys guide a few weeks ago to rooting. I created a gold card and flashed the standard 2.1. I am on orange with an orange branded handset so i wanted to get rid of the crap. Prior to rooting a unlocked my phone. So now i believe I have an unrooted, unlocked Desire :)

I created a cold card when i did it. My first problem is that when i put the goldcard back in my phone, it doesn't get past the Quietly brilliant bit. It write "Quietly Brillian" then stops. I also can manage to get into recovery with that card, it just does the same thing. My 8gig card that I am using is fine still, but i need to know what to do to the goldcard to get it booting again.

Secondly, I tried flashing a couple 2.2 Roms. I can't remember which one it was that I tride first, but after flashing, I had no keyboard, not sure what happened so i flashed back :cool:. I already tried flashing a Modaco Rom but i restored because of this: When you restore a titanium back up, do you restore everything? Because the phone was telling me it was replacing apps etc that were included in the Rom?

I think i had another question but i forgot it. I also don't have my phone til this evening, as i left my charger at my girlfriends sunday (and it obviously ran out of battery), but she's posted it guarenteed next day so will get it today, painful 24 hours :p

Cheers, Ill stop talking

PS> Oh, and if i can get the goldcard sorted, Are you supposed to use Rom Manager to flash another rom on the gold card, or on your normal card?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Smithyster

Smithyster Member This Topic's Starter

I just did another titanium back up.
    Now i cannot do anything with my phone, because it keeps popping up saying "The application HTC sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again... Force Close"

I'm stuck in the loop.
    Booting up and going into recovery is just giving me the Red Exclamation triangle.

Any ideas>?

Don't Worry, Sorted by clearing HTC sense cache