Just a few things before a buy the HTC Magic...

Last Updated:

1. iWannaBeAdored

iWannaBeAdored Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey.

So I just want to ask a few questions before I buy the HTC Hero.

This is the HTC Magic I am buying: BRAND NEW UNLOCKED HTC GOOGLE 2 G2 MAGIC WHITE PHONE on eBay (end time 03-Feb-10 13:20:20 GMT)

-Will I be be able to install custom ROMs on it?

I am slowly learning about the Android. I am a former iPhone user and know pretty much everything about hacking it so I am not a noob who knows NOTHING.

[Updated] This is the MicroSD card I am buying: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-16GB-Micr...ryZ18871QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-Will this work fine with the Magic?

-Also, is there an app for me to check my hotmail account?

-What is the best twitter app?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

It seems the lsiting on ebay is no longer their :)

That SD should work with the Magic

Yes you can check your hotmail. Their is a default email client which you can set to retrieve your hotmail and any other emails such as yahoo etc. Their are also a number of other email clients such as k9-mail if you don't like the stock one.

Not really a twitter user but their are a few twitter apps including seismic and twitdroid.

Hope this helps! :D

3. iWannaBeAdored

iWannaBeAdored Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I managed to open the link fine?

Here is a screenshot of the description: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3199/sdcard.png

Glad I can check my hotmail then! I'll have a look about then when I have my device, thanks! :D

Is there any ROMs out there that you would recommend?

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I saw the memory card link just not the first link with the HTC Magic. It says the listing has been removed :)

I have a Magic , Lovely device it is. I'm not into ROOTing , changing ROM's etc as it can void your warranty if you have one but check out Cyanogen {cyanogenmod) on XDA developers. he is like the ROM king or something :D Their are alos other ROM's such as MoDaCo or Drizzy but cyanogen seems the most popular