just a little help to send me on way.

Last Updated:

1. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member This Topic's Starter

yesterday i rooted my desire but i have no interest in installing a custom rom. all i want to install is apps2sd or apps2sd +i have read many guides but most of them conflict each other.if i was to follow these steps what would be wiped from the phone.

1. Using the optical trackpad select Wipe > Wipe data/factory reset
    2. After this has completed do Wipe > Wipe cache
    3. Again, once this has completed do Wipe > Wipe Dalvik-cache.

i understand that the sd card gets wiped and that is not a problem, i'm more worried what gets wiped from the phone memory (not worried about installed apps) also can i do the ext3/4 from the phone as i only have windows 7.thanks......................sudeki300

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

That basically wipes everything except the rooted rom you have on there. All your settings, apps and app data.

Since you're rooted, try a titanium back up first and you can restore stuff.

The bottom part. Its ext2 > 3 not 3>4 and you can do this on your phone. Try installing ROM manager to do it.

3. x8123999

x8123999 Member

Can I just ask a quickie question here, too?

I'm in the same position - I have rooted the stock ROM and don't want to install a custom one, only to add apps2sd+ to the stock (rooted) ROM.

I have ROM Manager and I'm OK with the partitioning side of things, but could someone put up a really simple explanation of how to actually add the apps2sd+ functionality in this scenario?

Thanks.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

All I can say is that I have tried a few times and failed every time. In the end, I went for MoDaCo 3.1 with A2SD+ installed on it.