Just a little tip for the 4 bottom buttons while chargingTips

Last Updated:

1. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when the phone is charging and you hit the lock/power button the 4 buttons stay lit up. hit the lock/power button again and they shut off. just figured id share because i saw a few people complaining that they were on while charging.

Advertisement
    nyne7lac and clwoodwork like this.
  2. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Weird, good to know, but seems like a really dumb feature, actually it's probably a glitch.

3. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ya i thought the same...personally id rather have the 4 buttons off unless the phone is unlocked and in use...thats why i posted this because i saw a few ppl were complaining that they are always on while charging.

4. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

my wife's evo comes on while charging if she receives a notification, and it stays on. mine does not. our setting are identical. weird, huh?

5. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

my 4 power buttons do not stay lit..

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

7. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

My four buttons goes to sleep with the screen, although they do stay on when the screen begins to dim but everything blinks off when sleep mode is active.

8. Furtwangler

Furtwangler Active Member

Yea mine do on occasion. definitely a glitch. I don't care though, it's really a non-issue for me especially when it's charging, but all the same would like to see a fix. unfortunately coupled with the spotty battery problem some are having, the separation, etc, shows the nice craftsmanship htc seems to have put into the phone. I'm still happy with it though by far. <3 the screen strength.

9. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Mine are controlled by the light sensor and only come on at night. I figured that's the way it should be. Dark room = turn on...light room = turn off

10. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

The lock button turns my screen and buttons On/Off. My buttons are completely synced with my screen.

11. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

That's because you are covering your light sensor. In a well lit room they don't come on.

12. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Touche. I thought the OP was stating that you can have the buttons lit if you wanted by hitting the power button.

13. jcbetswa

jcbetswa New Member

From your HOME screen <click> MENU <touch> SETTINGS <scroll down to & touch> APPLICATIONS <touch> DEVELOPMENT <uncheck> STAY AWAKE (Screen will never sleep while charging) <touch> HOME to return to Home screen.

Phone will light up for a few seconds when first plugged in to indicate that it is charging but the display will turn off after a few seconds.

Hope this helps!
    [​IMG]

14. slschmidt76

slschmidt76 Well-Known Member

Mine stay lit weather charging or not...It's easy to find my phone it the dark though!!