Just a pic of the dock and the back of the car mountAccessories

Last Updated:

1. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Figured people would want to see the ports on these things:

Home dock:

[​IMG]

usb and hdmi connector, makes it a little trick to get it in, but it'll probably be easier over time.

[​IMG]
    Back of the home dock, with HDMI out.

[​IMG]
    Back of the car mount... only has the microusb connector. Pretty slick that you can put power into it though!

Advertisement
  2. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pic! Did the desktop dock come with that wall charger?!? I ask because that one doesn't look like the one that came with the phone.

Also I just bought a dock myself and I'm waiting on it.

3. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I wanted to like the desk dock but it's kind of a nuisance. You can't easily dock and undock your phone with one hand. I think I'm going to return it. It looks so pretty though...

4. syntrix

It's loosened over a few docks/undocks.

The charger comes with the desktop dock!

5. vexhold

vexhold Well-Known Member

Dont understand why the desk dock comes with a wall adapter but the car mount doesnt come with a car adapter.

This is just plain silly and I shall not tollerate it.. ok you know I will.. but I WONT BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!! :)

6. syntrix

Because it would add $30 retail dollars to the "kit"? :D

I still haven't had time to hook up the nav mount in the car... maybe tonight.

7. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member

8. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

The carmount feels a bit cheap, but it definitely has some great functionality...

9. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Really bummed the car mount doesn't have an aux jack but I still may pic one up. Either that or I'll just buy some magnets and stick it on my universal dock. :p

10. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

thats why i didnt get it.....i was contemplating taking a dewalt drill bit to the side of it.....

11. pattherat

pattherat Well-Known Member

I got both too. Still waiting the 24hrs for the cardock glue to dry. I like the way the car dock has an insert that you simply remove if you have a case on your phone. The multimedia dock however doesn't! I not taking my case of every night and theres no way this phone is going naked. It's really too bad that they didn't make this option. It's going back. Any other docks out there that'll fit a cased X?

12. slay65

slay65 Active Member

So I just got my Droid X and home dock today. How hard is it for you to put the phone in the dock. I find it very difficult like the connectors on the phone do not line up quite right with the connectors on the dock.

With my wifes Droid and her dock you just place the phone in the dock and the weight of the phone is enough to make the phone attach to the dock.

I am not sure if I have a defective dock or not.

13. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member

Mine is the same way... I"m thinking about returning... also like others have mentioned, would need to pull from case every time to dock...not something I"m excited about.

14. macgyver915

macgyver915 New Member

I'm not going to take the phone out of the case every night to put it in the dock, that's for sure. So I guess the case and dock will be going back, and I'll be on the lookout for something that was designed with a bit of forethought.

15. nudave

nudave Member

Here's to hoping you didn't have use that knife to get it in! :eek:

...of course not ;)

16. slay65

slay65 Active Member

In the past day, putting the phone in the home dock has gotten easier. No where near as nice as the original droid and dock, but I assume that is because of the HDMI port.

I am going to give it a week or so but I am leaning toward's keeping the dock.

17. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Just got the dock myself. I really like the look of it. Putting the phone in position takes a little bit of effort than say my old storm/dock. You also need both hands to take it off. Probably with practice, I'll be able to remove it with just one hand.

The only thing that is really strange is the fact that since the farther right has the connectors, the further left part of the phone isn't connected to anything. If you budge it just a little bit, the left side moves easily. I'd get nervous if it ever gets knocked over and takes the connectors with it.

18. syntrix

Daily carry knife. Used it to open the tape that seals the box.

19. editor58

editor58 Member

Dock is not defective - The designers are. I take some liberty is assuming that you might have had or, have a BB dock, where you basically drop the phone into it and the two contacts on the back of the phone line up with the two contacts on the charger dock and wha-la? Connection.??

This dock is is a two Handed BJ and a wrestling match to get it IN and OUT! IT SUCKS! - Droid should have had looked at the BB to steal an elegant design.

20. editor58

editor58 Member

This is just until it breaks :rolleyes: