• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just a pretty important ? Like to have answered asap plz

Is it ok to you my droid turbo 2 if it's bent it happens in my shorts pocket in the front pocket I sat down on couch and I heard that familiar crunch sound nothing is broken plastic wrapping screen not cracked metal band around phone not cracked I even completely opened phone and took it apart layer by layer and cant find anything snapped or anything so I'm also here to ask just what the hell made that sound oh and there's nothing wrong with wireless charging coil either so is it ok to use like this still and what the hell made that crunch sound plz answer asap I think this is pretty important

The tighter the pants or the pocket in them... the more likely the possible damage that could happen. Even an expert couldn't guess at how much or little damage may have happened unless they get to inspect it... so anything you get told is only a guess. I'd say if it is working, then you are probably ok, just pay attention to it and how things work in order to figure out if something is messed up.

Since this is a user caused problem, the manufacturer wouldn't cover it as a defective warranty issue... only one of the add-on warranties that cover user abuse would if you had purchased one of those.

It's possible there is damage you missed seeing...like the tiny alignment pins getting broken that are often used on components these days... It's also equally possible ( at this time ) that what you heard was just the parts rubbing against each other... remember they are held together pretty tightly and when forced, they would suddenly shift against each other possibly causing a cracking sound when they do.... So a sound like a crack can happen when nothing breaks, we just can't say for certain either way.

I've seen a Samsung Galaxy something or other that was pretty bent and the front lens/glass completely cracked all over... the phone is still working other than that. Of course it's hard to read most of the screen... but it does work.

While I do wear relatively loose jeans... they still don't have enough room in the pockets to sit if my phone were in them. I'd also have the same issue of remembering to remove my phone when I sit... so I use a holster instead. A holster isn't a 100% solution either, they can catch on stuff ( like seat belts for one example )... so no matter what you do... you still have to pay attention.

Reactions: Jordan hilty
Upvote 0
I don't think so. I suspect one of ...
  • You are holding down the power button without realizing it.
  • The power button needs repair.
  • The firmware supporting the power button needs to be reset.
Did you get it originally running 5.1.1 and then upgraded it to 6.0? If you did, did you do a Factory Data Reset after the upgrade?

(I did the upgrade followed by a Factory Data Reset.)

... Thom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums.
That never happened to me. I carry the phone in my right front pocket. Perhaps the sound came from your couch?

Same here, except it's my front left pocket (keys and change go in the right one). In fact, I've never even felt like I was even stressing the phone, much less damaging it. I've just gotten in the habit of shifting either the phone itself or the entire pocket, depending on the pants, as far as possible to the side just before I sit down. That way, the phone falls across my outer thigh/hip rather than getting jammed in the font part of my hip that actually bends when I sit. More comfortable for me and virtually negates the chance of damaging my phone.

And with all due respect to the OP- PLEASE consider punctuation in the future. That was almost painful to read!

Reactions: smacksy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones