Just a quick hello

Last Updated:

1. Twags59

Twags59 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

Guess I have been a closet geek my entire adult life. I am old so some of the toys I have enjoyed in my past will probably drive some of you to your favorite search engines :) My first foray into the computer world was the a Timex Sinclair, from there the upgrade to the Atari, then to an Epson QX-10, eventually an IBM with a built in hard drive :) It was on the IBM I discoverd Mosaic - and the true capabilites of life connected.

A lot has changed since those early days - in my life - but the need to be connected to the online world has not. For years, I used various PDAs and hotspots, friends homes mostly as I traveled - ran a Fido-based BBS, until the advent of the smart phones. Got hooked on the Blackberry - and as most do was soon a crackberry addict - the limitations though drove me to look this year as my contract was up on my phone and I discovered both Droid and the Android platform. Overall the transition has been rather seemless - the phone and the platform are capable of doing much more then my blackberry - a few glitches with programs I had used on my blackberry for work that don't have Android equivilents (yet I am sure) but quite happy.

Glad to have found this forum and I look forward to some interesting dialog.

Tom Wagner

Advertisement
    bigdroid likes this.
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

welcome Tom

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: