Just a simple address book PLEASE!!

Last Updated: 2011-05-07 07:58:29
  1. etucker

etucker New Member

I detest the address book on my Sprint HTC. It creates multiples of my contacts and only allows the email/sms info. Can anyone please recommend a simple little address book where I can keep names, addresses, phone numbers, email address and sms info? I have no interest in connecting with Facebook or Twitter, and most of the so called address books now seem to want to track everywhere I go or gps the location of everyone in my contact list. I couldn't care less. All I want is to be able to look up an address, phone number, etc. Is there anything like that out there, or do I have to go back to carrying a paper address book in my purse????

Advertisement
  2. The app doesnt create multiples, people do, from importing more than one address book, or not having their contacts labeled correctly. You can easily Link the contacts to gether in teh stock people app.

It should allow you to put in multiple phone numbers, addresses, company names etc.

No contacts app will automatically sync these. If you are getting them synced, then that means YOU synced them, and you can eaaily turn off the sync by hitting menu-settings-accounts and sync.

I dont know of ANY contacts app that tracks your location, or the location of your contacts. And I know for a fact the stock htc app doesnt do this as well. So if it is, then you must have some other app that enables this.

Also, it would REALLLY help if you told us what phone you have.
  3. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I want the same things - basically a replacement for a paper address book. For example, if I want to see the contacts postal address I do NOT want to have a map application launched. I just want to see the f"ckin' details. Maybe I want them to send a letter to! Most of the contact apps. just seem to piggy-back off of the stock ones so you get, on HTC anyway, the address cut off.

Anyway, rant over. I found Youlu, which does show the entire address. If you tap that then then map app gets launched but it does allow me to see all the details first. Best I could find without paying for one.

Oh, and I don't have a FB or Twitter account. The only place I sync to is Outlook on my local PC.

Dave