Just A Word Of Thanks

1. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I took advantage of the eBay deal to get a NC for $200. After messing with the NC, I realized that I prefer the Kindle I have as a reader. In fact I feel B&N really crippled the NC with their front end; imported books are treated as second-class citizens without access to the desktop or quick read bar (whatever it's called). As someone who reads a lot of short stories which I download and convert via Calibre, this was a big issue. I was ready to sell it on CraigsList and stick with my Kindle.

Then I read about rooting the NC on here and what joys that brings. I used these forums to gather all the information I needed to get the NC rooted. I read your tips and your failures. All that information really helped!

Now I have an entry-level Android tablet which works surprisingly well. I see some people aren't digging it but for what I need, it's just fine.

So I'd like to say thank you to everyone who posts here. You folks helped make this work for me and certainly for others. I went from feeling screwed to really enjoying the Nook Color!

Advertisement
    UBRocked, loribug26 and ddcarter3 like this.
  2. ddcarter3

ddcarter3 Active Member

I couldn't agree more.
  3. HarleyChick

HarleyChick Well-Known Member

Ditto. Could NOT, would NOT, have bought the NC or rooted without the support and encouragement of the helpful people on this forum. :D
  4. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Having a friendly and open community like this is key. I consider myself to be pretty savy with regard to this stuff, but from the number of 'Problem' threads I've started, one might wonder. Without the helpful advice here, I'd probably be without a NC. ;)
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

If you're a fan of sideloaded books, there is a way to sync sideloaded books between the NC and the Kindle. I discovered it and fell back in love with my Kindle. Rescued that bad boy from ebay death. I now read on my Kindle when I'm kicked back in my living room and have a light source. When I'm in bed at night, I fire up the NC and I use the NC for all the tabletty stuff in between.
  6. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Do tell, please. I think both readers have their strengths and plan on using both. I know how to sync Amazon books between devices (install Kindle app on NC) but sideloaded syncing has been a mystery.
  7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member