1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Just activated LG Optimus Elite - Can't send or receive text messages

1. briscoe

briscoe New Member

Hi friends. I had a Samsung Conquer which had an untimely run-in with a parking lot pavement thus cracking the screen. I have Sprint and my upgrade policy thing allowed me to get a LG Optimus Elite. The activation took place fine, my contacts/pictures transferred over and I can send/receive phone calls normally. However, I'm not able to send or receive texts; whenever I attempt to send a message, it says the message was not able to be sent. I tried going to Menu->Settings->Update profile, but that didn't help. Any help?

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Have you tried a battery pull, if that doesn't work, you will have to call sprint for them to send a refresh signal to your phone.

3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

Just curious - do you use Google Voice at all?
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Before calling Sprint, try this:

Go under your settings, phone updates I believe, and update PRL, then go and Update Profile.

That "should" get the activation going. If you can't get any data, connect via WiFi, it'll download. :)

If that fails follow Don's advice and call Sprint.