• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just an intro

Hi. I got my first Android, a Pantech Super Nova, at Christmas, or at least it was an Android os, but it didn't support using the market. But it was relatively inexpensive and like I said, it was my first tablet so I didn't really mind. Well, the touch screen on it stopped working after a month, so I said screw it and went out and bought a 32gb Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet from BestBuy, and it was well worth the money. It runs better, responds faster, and has far more memory than the Pantech one. Not to mention a bigger screen, since the old one was only 8-inches. I do miss being able to use microSD cards w/o an adaptor, but oh well.

I am very much a noob when it comes to Androids, but I've kept up with the news about them since I'm only a fan of Macs for hardcore video/photo editing.

So far my Galaxy tab has almost replaced my laptop as far as web-browsing and E-mail goes. It might become my default music player once I can manage to get most of my mp3s uploaded to the Google Music cloud... which is gonna take a while (what can I say. I like a lot of music). That being said, I have had some issues with the tab, but I managed to resolve them quickly enough, often with tips from this site. So I figure if anything big happens, I can probably get answers here.

Anyway, that's my intro. Hope to learn a lot from all of you so that I can make the most out of finally owning an Android.

Hello and welcome to the forums - what a good intro!!

I bet you're glad you went with the Gtab... it's always worth getting as much Android as possible.

I am hoping to get a tablet with birthday money in a couple of months and am, as yet, undecided on which one I will go for.

I hope that you find this place useful - if you need any help navigating the site, hit one of us guides up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones