Just applied my Zagg full body shield (front+back)General

Last Updated:

1. Notthedroidyourlookingfor

Notthedroidyourlookingfor Member This Topic's Starter

Looks pretty craptacular right now. I know I'm supposed to give it another 12-24 hours to dry and "cure" (although I seem to recall seeing the timeframe of 24-48 hours on this board, anyone vouch for that?), but I'm a little concerned.

Here's a picture of the front:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the huge crappy pic, had to take it with my old phone. But you can see the smears and lines. Those are what I'm worried about. Anyone who's used a Zagg able to comment on whether those disappear in the curing process?

I'll be sure to post better pics when it's completely dried for people.

Advertisement
  2. DCoy82

DCoy82 Well-Known Member

How hard did you press with the zagg card when you were getting the water/air bubbles out? That almost looks like you pressed to hard with the card? I didn't get any lines like that on mine but I do have an abnormal shaped defect in mine that I'm upset about. Matter of fact I ordered a Phantom Skinz and it should be here in the next day or two to replace my Zagg :D

3. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of all of the bubbles can take up to 2 weeks in my experience. Most of them should be gone within a few days.

4. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Those lines won't go away. At least the sponge that came with yours didn't break apart and stick to the adhesive like mine did.

5. gqchynaboy

gqchynaboy Active Member

I too have the lines from pressing down too hard, piece of crap Zagg

6. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

I have a Zagg on my Incredible now. I'm sorry to say it but that looks more like dust than bubbles. Dust isn't going to go away. Did you apply it in as clean of an area as possible? I did mine with the shower running in the bathroom. That gave good results.

7. ithejdi

ithejdi Well-Known Member

My lines went away. I was a dumbass and didn't read the instructions. They said to wet the top side as well to make the zagg card slide smoother. Oh well, they went away and it looks and works GREAT!

8. AntsInMyPants

AntsInMyPants New Member

I could not stand the sticky feel of the shield material and immediately removed it. I much prefer the smooth slide of the bare glass.

9. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Yeah those lines won't go away. Also don't be surprised if some of those blemishes/bubbles don't go away either. Unfortunately Zagg is the go-to brand for people who don't do their research. They are hardly the best at all.

10. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Ouchh, another fell for the "invisibleshield" marketing.

I did the samething, don't feel bad. Live and learn.

11. Skyfox16

Skyfox16 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to see so many people have complaints about zagg. I used it on my iPhone and it was great. Used for 8 months. Then was able to peel it off when I had my phone replaced and I applied it to the new one.

I just installed the zagg screen protector last night and it went on fine. Hardly any bubbles. And if there were any they are gone already today.

The sponge I got was great. It didnt fall apart or anything.

I put my silicon case back on this morning so we'll see how it goes.

12. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Way too much dust there! I've always done mine in the steamy bathroom. It helps to minimize dust underneath it.

13. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

I think the reason for the complains is mainly because it is more expensive than the alternatives (phantomskinz, bestskinsever, etc), so you would expect a flawless installation/product when paying that premium.

I used zagg, bse, and phantomskinz on past cell phones and PS gets my vote big time.

14. GeorgeH

GeorgeH Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, when I had my iphone, I tried applying the entire body zagg skin. The back was almost impossible, so as a workaround, I used a hardshell case and combined it with the zagg screen protector.

I did not have any bubbles after 24hrs and most were gone within 12. This was back when they included a spray bottle of solution rather than the sponge they include now. Just make sure to generously apply the solution to the "sticky side" of the shield. It's ok to remove it and reapply if you're not satisfied, just watch out for trapped bits of paper towel and/or dust.

15. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

My Zagg looks great but BB did it for me.. paid nothing for the shield or the install.

I'll update a pic tonight. Can't tell anything is there when screen is on. Can barely tell anything is there when it's off.

It's a touch stickier than naked, but not enough to annoy me. It was free anyways.