Just bought 4300mah battery!Tips

1. AndroidS3

AndroidS3 Well-Known Member

Just payed for a 4300mah battery for my s3, not sure how the battery life will be but for anyone who is willing to know I will post once I have used it for a few days to see how its life is like.

Has anyone else got an extended battery? Hows the battery life?

Advertisement
    :
    funkylogik likes this.
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

There are a few that have.

I'm considering a case that has a battery built in and a solar panel on the back so I'm not strictly tied to the mains.
  3. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

I've got one. Lasts me, with modest use (few phone calls, some browsing, calendaring, texting, some photos) 2-3 days. My regular battery with this use gets plugged in each night with 50-60% still remaining.

Makes the phone thicker. In some ways, easier to hold, but not as sleek and pretty.

4. MrNice

MrNice Active Member

....sounds like a good idea, got any links for this please :)
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

funkylogik and MrNice like this.
  6. AndroidS3

Just got my battery today, will use it for a couple of days and ill tell you how the battery life is like :D
  7. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

I just got my Hyperion yesterday. 4200 mAh. I charged it for just over 12 hours last night. So far my battery is draining just as fast as ever. Down 2% in the first hour. Sent/Received 6 texts and I'm down to 93% since I unplugged it at 6:30am (2 1/2 hours ago). Hopefully it will last longer once I've drained it a few times.
  8. AndroidS3

Yeah apparently your meant to drain it and recharge full a few times, when I got it was on 48% so im charging it full and then draining it.
  9. cincyrob

cincyrob Well-Known Member

when i got mine it was at 78% i used it for half a day then charged it over night. the first initial charge lasted a good day and half. but after that the charges arnt lasting as long. im on my 7-8th charge and about 17 hours is all i get. which is better than the 6-8hr from stock.
  10. AndroidS3

Yeah id definitely be happy with that, the stock battery is pretty lame
  11. ldivinag

ldivinag Well-Known Member

well oem batt is 2100 mah.

my hyperion is 4200 (i think) mah.

so that is double the juice. in theory. i was getting less than a day with my oem batt. so in theory, 2 days with the hyperion.

and yes, Li batts needs about 3 cycles of discharge and recharge before it can reach its max operating performance.
  12. ldivinag

ldivinag Well-Known Member

was a recent trip (to CES in vegas) where i knew i would be without power for a good 8 hours while taking pixs, talking, browsing web, etc would eat up juice so i brought my oem batt with its back plate.

i installed it to charge it. geez...

the S3 is so thin... sleek... sexy even.

but with the double thickness hyperion batt, it made it fat and bloated... lol...
  13. Louee6

Louee6 Member

I purchased the Anker 4400mah from Amazon and this battery is absolutely amazing. I've gone literally 2-3 days without charging to see just how long this would last and it just keeps going and going. For those who don't mind a litttttttttle extra thickness, you won't be disappointed.
  14. AndroidS3

Well I received my battery today on 48% so I charged it to 100 and this was finished at about 4:00pm (GMT) and now its 11pm (GMT) and thats been 7 hours and ive been playing games, watching videos and using it quite a bit and im on 50% and I havent even drained it anf recharged it yet so im pleased!
  15. muddasick

muddasick Active Member

Can someone post a pic of how the phone looks once the new battery is in... I'm very interested in getting an extended battery but don't want too much of a "bloated" look.
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

17. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

You need to clear the battery stats first, otherwise the results are not goin to be correct as those stats reflect the amount used and amount remaining on your battery capacity. market has apps to clear battery stats.
    Pookeysgirl likes this.
  18. AndroidS3

This is what I have so far
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. phonephreak32

phonephreak32 Well-Known Member

who makes the 4300mah battery?

thinking about getting one but i really like my commuter case.
  20. Pookeysgirl

funkylogik and phonephreak32 like this.
  21. phonephreak32

phonephreak32 Well-Known Member

22. Pookeysgirl

Oh sorry, I just thought it was all Otterbox :eek:
  23. droidrv

droidrv Member

This is what I have too and just got it yesterday. So far I've noticed the same thing with the charge time.
  24. AndroidS3

Battery definitely worth it, I tried to drain it in one day by playing games and using the Internet. It lasted 12 hours of using it as well as being on standby for an extra 6 hours and it was left on 25%. If anyone wants one then definitely get one
  25. LFC958

LFC958 Member

Dont you mean BOUGHT the battery ???????
    If you do mean brought, where did you bring it from

Just so we all know Brought - to bring from or bring to a location
    Bought - to buy or purchase an item