Just bought Eris... some questions.General

Last Updated:

1. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there, came from a LG Voyager(lol, I know) to an Eris and have a few questions about it. Now ive been combing this forum for a while trying to figure out all of the essential basic stuff I need(apps, etc)(and the existing ones on my phone that I dont necessarily need) to truly enjoy my smartphone.

I read somewhere about an app(I think it is one anyway) that can check your phone temperature? What is that called. Also If you could direct me to a thread with some great app advice that would be good(I have been to a few of em, would be great if there was one that gave a description of each app that is someone's favorite one).

Also in the "Optimize your Droid Battery.." thread I have tried to find "disable auto backlight. (settings>sounds and display> disable auto backlight)" in settings but i have yet to find it, any solutions?

Main apps id like to know about would be about:

Music(ringtones, etc)(some sort of Itunes type thing?)

Customization(wallpapers, scenes, etc)

Thanks guys, Forgive me if this is a hassle, just trying to get a good feel for the Eris!!

Advertisement
  2. cdkee

cdkee Active Member

WNx? (if you know what this, haha, if you don't, disregard)

For ringtones, I have Mabilo Ringtones, it has a large variety of tones. Itunes equivalent...your Eris should have Amazon MP3 on there. Wallpapers...check out Backgrounds. All of these can be found in the marketplace, just go to all applications and top free and you're bound to see them.

But as you just got it, if I were you I might think about getting a more recent phone for the updates and stuff. Eris is a great phone, but you'll get updates much faster if you buy an Incredible or something. IF that doesn't matter to you, then the Eris is perfectly fine.

3. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned

Just read through the stickied thread and give it some time you will be a pro in no time. Download the HTC battery widget that displays the battery temperature.

4. Familyguy1

Uhh, Yes actually. 06-08, F.O Capt, Major-CSS Source Section... I always seem to meet WNx members in the strangest places.. and who might you be?

Alrighty ill check em out. It was either this or the Inc. , and this was way cheaper..

thanks guys!

5. Brainfart

Brainfart Well-Known Member

For your screen I dont think you can disable backlight anymore in 2.1 but look in settings>Sound&Display> Under display settings>Brightness I have mine turned down to about 1/4 bright. Also you can set Screen Timeout to as little as 15 seconds to help on battery life.
    Music & Ringtones apps: I use Zedge & Malibo Ringtones Another one that is good to make your own is Ringdroid. for Itunes Syncing iSyncr Lite works just fine for me. If you listen to music from the phone as well Pandora radio is Awesome.
    Wallpapers: I use Backgrounds. Haven't really tried anything else since im satisfied with that one.
    I would suggest getting some sort of app killer to kill apps that you dont want running all the time and run down battery life. Advanced Task Killer Free works just fine for me.

6. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

7. cdkee

cdkee Active Member

I'm WNxLink, 05-present :D

Just remembered seeing your name there, that's all haha.

8. Familyguy1

David? Forgive me if its wrong. No shit man, Bf2?!?!?! Hell yea those were the days!!