Just bought HTC Hero, Modaco 3.1 with sense ui?

Last Updated:

1. mike390

mike390 Member This Topic's Starter

I got the htc hero with some kind of custom firmware on it, so i threw on a rooted version of the original firmware to get a feel for it without all the cutsom stuff. Now i went and installed modaco 3.1 and i miss the sense ui. IS there any way to install modaco 3.1 with the sense ui?

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I thought modaco for Hero came with Sense UI. Maybe you are using Android home by default?

3. mike390

I dont know? when the phone boots up it gives an error that the clock crashed, and when i go to personalize > scenes or wallpapers it crashes the settings as well

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Try a factory reset, Mike. It sounds as if things have got 'confused' between flashes. To confirm, the MCR still retains SenseUI as the default.

5. mike390

I wiped data/factory reset it, and it still gives the same errorsi went to settings>applications>manage applications and htc sense ui was not in the list of installed applications :S

6. billgreenwood

billgreenwood Member

7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It's called HTC Sense now, but was originally named TouchFLO. Maybe the latter name has been retained?

Another thing to try: look for Home in the Applications list, select it and then hit the Clear defaults button. Press the HOME button and you should get the option to choose a new default. Is Sense listed? If so tick the "Use as default" box then select Sense.

8. mike390

thanks for all the help guys, i managed to solve the problem, i flashed a rooted version of the stock firmware, then i wiped data and installed modaco 3.1 without adding any of the addon packs and i wiped again after install, and it worked.