Just bought i9000, and seek Custom ROM and an instruction guide to flashing

1. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone,
    I took the plunge and bought myself an i9000 last night (16Gb/European). I expect delivery this weekend. Fantastic

I would like to remove the current Samsung ROM and install a custom ROM that :
    i) adds performance & stability gains
    ii) does not gimp any of the 'phone features (including the 3.5mm jack to compositite TV-Out
    iii) supports ext3/4
    iv) has pinch to zoom
    v) preferably Android 2.2, if at all possible.
    vi) solves the GPS problems (if these still exist)
    vii) plays MKV and AVI containers
    Finally, are the Bluetooth profiles provided by modules/userspace or are these set in the bluetooth hardware? If the former are there any modules available that I could load to provide additionally the HID profile as few keyboards support the SPP profile?

Would someone be able to provide me with some URLs for ROMs that provide this, and very importantly the process of doing this.

Please note that I have neither Windows nor MacOsx, but Linux, so would prefer something Linux orientated. If not, then I am sure I can pursaude a colleague to let me use their laptop in work.

Many thanks and best wishes to all,
    Z.

Advertisement
  2. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

There isn't a Cynogen mod yet:

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

They've just put in place some of the instructions that will be needed for flashing it if/when one comes along.

If you do want to flash your phone you could look at some of the 2.2 ROMs leaked from Samsung.

Take a look on XDA Devs.
    zopper likes this.
  4. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member

Thank-you. I shall have a look at those.