• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just bought my new 16GB Acer Vespa (Iconia One 7 B1-730HD)

Gundam168

Mar 18, 2011
Super cheap ($99) 7" HD tablet powered by a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Dual core processor. First reviews said it measured 18777 in Antutu but when I tested mine out of the box, it measured 22010. Clearly smoked it's more expensive brother the Asus Nexus 7. It also scored 6500 in Quadrant outclassing all 7" tablets in its price range and other more expensive tablets. I'm currently conducting a battery benchmark and it looks like it's just gonna give me 7 hours juice in full load though.

Pros:
16GB internal memory with 11GB useable.
Super bright IPS 800 x 1200 HD screen
Nice classy finish and build quality
Blistering fast Intel Atom processor.
Super cheap price.

Cons:
Sucky 2MP main camera
No phone functionality
Short battery life (3680mAh)

This is the review that sold me the Vespa:
Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730 Tablet Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

After 7 months of use, I am definitely giving up on this crappy device. Here is the list of issues:
- both cameras were crappy from the start, seems to get worse after 7 months. I hardly use this feature.
- the mini USB connection can't read external USB storage devices
- browsing in Firefox is horrible.
- WiFi connection is intermittent. You have to switch it off then on several times. This makes up majority of my frustrations of the device.
- there are instances when the finger point cursor is off, way off by 5mm. I end up pressing the wrong buttons or links.
- for a 3680mAh battery it is very short.

Super cheap ($99) 7" HD tablet powered by a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Dual core processor. First reviews said it measured 18777 in Antutu but when I tested mine out of the box, it measured 22010. Clearly smoked it's more expensive brother the Asus Nexus 7. It also scored 6500 in Quadrant outclassing all 7" tablets in its price range and other more expensive tablets. I'm currently conducting a battery benchmark and it looks like it's just gonna give me 7 hours juice in full load though.

Pros:
16GB internal memory with 11GB useable.
Super bright IPS 800 x 1200 HD screen
Nice classy finish and build quality
Blistering fast Intel Atom processor.
Super cheap price.

Cons:
Sucky 2MP main camera
No phone functionality
Short battery life (3680mAh)

This is the review that sold me the Vespa:
Acer Iconia One 7 B1-730 Tablet Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones