Just bought this...General

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Now let's get r ooted, devs. :) :p

I like the look of that flexible glass screen protector. Prolly will pick it up.

Big learning curve here. Shoulda bought an iphone. :p

Advertisement
    dustwun77 likes this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Hi Steven and welcome to the Note 3 Forum! :D

The Verizon Note 3 IS rootable! But once you root, there's currently not a way to un-root it. You may or may not wish to exercise patience. I was going to root today but didn't have time to set it all back up again :(
    Steven58 likes this.
  3. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS VIP Member

Wat up Steven!!!!Hope you enjoy you new device.:)
    Steven58 likes this.
  4. Steven58

heya! sooo....where's the note3 root section? am i blind?
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Rob and Phases made it so it now by default at the bottom. However you can change it back to the old way in the User CP.
  6. Steven58

ah... ty. So... How do I get one handed operation swipe to work. No matter how much I try it doesn't work for me. I have the box checked off, but to no avail. Maybe I have a bum phone.
  7. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I checked it out to see how that would work. Man, that is a small keyboard!

It was the 'floating keyboard' option that you can get if you hold the microphone button on the keyboard down. One of a few different options available. Where to get Smilies, too, by the way.

My swipe worked. I don't know if that is the result of an ota I have already gotten or what.

One suggestion I have read to get various features to work that seem to be stuck off was to power down and pull the battery for a while.

You know the drill. :) Hope that works for you!

Like you said, big learning curve, but I like the phone. the multiwindow thing is pretty cool and that floating keyboard thing comes in pretty handy when you are using it, especially, to me, when the phone is in landscape orientation and the 2 apps are side by side. The regular keyboard is pretty large then and it is a chore to swipe! :p

Edit: It may be, too, that you have to enable it in Settings? It is under Controls right after S Pen. I turned it on there. Just noticed it is also among the options when you press the microphone button.
    Steven58 likes this.
  8. Steven58

I checked the box in one handed operation. The other one handed functions work, but the one that shrinks the sceen to finger size doesn't. I'll bring it in tomorrow.
    KOLIO and dustwun77 like this.
  9. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard? It only works with that. It will not work with other aftermarket keyboard apps.
  10. Steven58

I have no problem with the keyboard setting. It's the swipe for "USE FOR ALL SCREENS" that is no functioning as advertised. It shrinks your work space so you can work with one hand.
  11. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

I tried that feature as well, it is definitely a pain to try to use, it's kinda like the palm screen shot that I usually struggle with. I was only able to shrink my screen down once then shut that feature back off.
  12. Steven58

The feature worked on the fone in the vzw store this morning, not mine, though. So? I returned the phone. I really really returned it for the following reasons:

1) One handed use is hard.
    2) I didn't want to chance believing someone would crack the bootloader.
    3) I didn't want to lose my unlimited.

Steven out. :p