Just called and Ordered docking station & screen protectors

Last Updated:

1. beargold23

beargold23 Member This Topic's Starter

I heard that most stores only have about 10 docking stations per store. So I called 800-256-4646 customer service and was able to order my docking station & screen protectors. With my discount they came to 34.99 with tax. :)

PS-I told rep i had a problem ordering product online.....

Advertisement
  2. silenceforus

silenceforus Active Member

How are you getting a good discount? I get a 15 percent discount because I am active duty military, but I think thats only on my actual service, and not products. Any input or advice? I'd love to get two docking stations, the mm one and the car one.

Thanks alot
    Matt

3. cybercruiser

cybercruiser Well-Known Member

Is the screen protector really necessary?? Kind of expensive IMO at $12-something....

4. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Have you ever had a phone with an external screen, or just a non flip-phone in general?

I always keep my right pocket completely empty for my phone and it's still a scratched up mess (2 years old now). No matter how "scratch-resistant" they say the screens are they will eventually start to show scratches... and lots of them.

edit: Also, the good screen protectors come with lifetime guarantees. I know at best buy we sell those for $15 - $20 depending on the phone, so the $12 one you're referring to may have that... unless it's a multi-pack.

5. cybercruiser

I currently have the LG Voyager, and the touchscreen is as nice as the day I bought it, I've had it about 1-1/2 years.

6. cybercruiser

I assume it kind of goes on like a static-sticker?? Or, is it actually sticky / glue'd?

7. Droidood

They're actually sticky. The quality ones come packaged with a liquid that helps you apply it by letting it slide a little, then dries and leaves it in place.

8. cybercruiser

but, still is removable so it can be replace, yes??

9. Droidood

Yup. If they couldn't be removed it'd be a little counter-productive. The good ones come with lifetime guarantees but they're still not bullet-proof or anything, so if something does happen you can just get a fresh one and the scratch is gone :p

10. Droidood

11. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

I actually called in and got a great deal myself!!

I bought the Home Dock, the Car Charger, and Car stand kit for GPS,

3 Accessories and the Rep dropped the price from 29.99 EACh down to 20$ each

60$ for all 3 =)

12. silenceforus

I just gave them a ring and they wont let me order anything till tomorrow. Any tips? What should I press to get to the right person? I pressed 1. Got some dude who refused to sell me anything till tomorrow.

And iphone, howd you get such a great discount? I want the same thing!!! :(

13. iPhoneMilk

Call 1800 688 9290. Ext 5974 and speak to heith, he hooked me up.

If he doesn't answer leave him a VM he calls back fast

14. silenceforus

Thanks alot, I gave him a ring and left a VM. Would it be allright if I gave him your name to let him know who referenced me?

15. iPhoneMilk

Sure my name is Wade Baker and basically what he's doing for me is having these things ship out so I can receive them on sat. It's 19$ for the next day shipping so you don't have to get that but that's just what I'm doing....

He's charging my card tomorrow but I've already given him my credit info etc etc

16. silenceforus

Yup he called me back in like two minutes!! It was great

So yeah I mentioned your name and he remembered you clearly. Got the car mount, charger, and mm mount for 72, plus he set me up to order my phone through them too, same thing as you, billing the card tomorrow. 19 dollars saturday shipping, and instant rebate.

I'm not due for a ne2 discount for a year from now, but my 1 year mark hit on the 4th and since I've been running a premium plan for more than 3 months they give me ne2 pricing with an updated 2yr contract. Heith was great. So billing tomorrow, my phone and all my docks will arrive saturday with an instant rebate! How great is that?

Thanks tons wade, you've been a huge help here, and made me stop growing grey hairs in my early age fretting on where to get everything

Matt

17. iPhoneMilk

No problem Matt! Heith is surely an awesome verizon rep I was very luck to get randomly connected to him!

Glad you're getting the same deal and it worked out sat is going to be awesome when we get our phones!

18. silenceforus

Luckily this worked out cause I'd have to wait till after I get out of clinicals at like 3pm, go to the store, hope for a leftover droid and definitely have to order the accessories elsewhere, since they would be sold out. I'm pleased. One more day and instant rebate works fine for me =)

19. silenceforus

got it! You get yours wade? Its so awesome!!!

20. iPhoneMilk

I did get mine and I'm loving it so far. :)