Just called my VZW store...

Last Updated:

1. Shorty324

Shorty324 Active Member This Topic's Starter

They went from having a midnight release to opening at regular time. I wonder if it means they don't expect that many people....:confused:

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I don't know. It seems getting info from VZW staff is nearly impossible. I just get small laughs and a lot of "We really don't know"

It will be interesting to see what the amount is in profit for them in first day sales and how the stock lasts as well as the replenishment

3. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I just got back from my Verizon store that is doing a midnight launch. Already 2 people in line and that was about 35 mins ago. They are expecting 70+ people and have 90 phones in stock.

4. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

Thats kinda crazy.. lol

Last time I checked(Monday), the BB where I'm getting mine only had 3 pre-orders. lol

5. jbhumph

Wow...this is what makes me nervous about getting one for my GF tomorrow....I'm really not sure what to expect. I ordered late in the week (of week 2) at Best Buy and am apparently pre-order #2, which would lead me to believe that there isn't a ton of hype in our area...but VZW acts all secretive about it which makes me wonder...oh well

6. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Mine is opening one hour early (9AM). They have 60 phones and they're all reserved for preorders. However, you have to get there by noon otherwise they will sell it to someone else.

7. Skyfox16

Skyfox16 Well-Known Member

Can I ask what city you guys are in.I my store in Ohio is opening at regular hours, so 9th Tmw and they said if your head at 9 your sure to get one.

8. jbhumph

I'm near Algonquin, IL

9. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member

im in akron and they are opening at 8....and will have 40 in stock.

10. Montpelerin

Montpelerin Active Member

Just got back from the South San Jose store on Blossom Hill.

Store Manager says they will be opening 1 hour early (@ 8am) & have 80 in stock.

They are not taking pre-orders.

He said they did sell out of DInc on the first day, but had much less stock than they currently have for DX, so...

11. MadMule

MadMule Well-Known Member

Hey, that's the store I plan to be at, and that is exactly what a lady told me too. I see there'll be competition after all then. :cool:

What time are you planning to be there? A guy I talked to a few days ago said that if they have "enough people" they'll open at 7:30AM.

12. Montpelerin

Montpelerin Active Member

I was planning to be there around 8, but now I'm thinking a little before 7:30;)

13. MadMule

MadMule Well-Known Member

Heh, I was thinking 7:30 at the latest, but now my family is pushing me to go at around 6:00/6:30. :eek:

"Better too early than too late" is what they say...but I don't want to get there and then fall asleep in line and have everybody walk over my body. :rolleyes: