Just Called Sprint Tele Sales And A Recording Came On About The Evo No Longer Being Sold..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Online or through telesales. They said to contact a "select" store for availability. Just dial #2 from your handset then select sales and activation #1 then listen! So just 6 weeks after the launch the Evo plane crashes!

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I just tried to check this. I just spent the last 7 minutes re-calling and dialing through various menus. I cannot find a "sales and activation" option.

3. optikalillusi0n

optikalillusi0n Well-Known Member

Weird, when i dial #2, i get a recording that says, "The feature code entered is not valid"

4. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

me too... tho I have called before.. first time I tried since rooting.

5. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

It's *2 guys. ;)

I just called and it said "due to unprecedented demand" which means it's so hot they can't keep it in stores, not that they're not selling it anymore.

6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Sigh.. BetterMost (shakes head) this is as misleading of a thread as it gets. It is known that there are shortages.... And yes the website and telesales are pointing everyone to the stores. It is assumed (and probably accurate) that all available stock got sent out to the retail stores to cover the back log of waiting lists. What are you talking about "So just 6 weeks after the launch the Evo plane crashes!"? What does that even mean? Pressing #2 on my phone calls Sprint and then it recognizes my number and account. I get no options for sales and activation.

Just saw the above post pointed out it was *2. Due to unprecedented demand is far different from not selling anymore.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Wow. It was so touch and go.

Thank goodness for this thread, or I'd have never suspected that the EVO supply is low, not because it's tanking, but because demand is so high.

Gee. Who knew?

8. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

It's BetterMost. He's kind of made himself a reputation. I was going to respond directly to the OP, but then realized that he hasn't really put much thought into anything he posts. Kind of getting old to be honest.

wase4711, tjwoo, sikclown and 2 others like this.
  9. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

For the past 30 minutes I have been trying to think of something to reply to this post with that would not violate the zero tolerance policy, here is what I came up with:

dan330, SuperDave70, Mabster and 7 others like this.
  10. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Yeah I have really been ignoring posts for awhile now but staying quiet would be the quickest path to Cerebral Hemorrhage.

tjwoo and EarlyMon like this.
  11. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

We can't have you bleed out. Part of me inside says, be a decent man and stfu and just ignore it. The sane, common sense filled part of me says to give the man an earful. Too bad to stay on these forums, I have to be the decent man :(.

12. EarlyMon

You're all just jealous because you didn't think of this clever way to assure your place on the Space Arc.

Oridus likes this.
  13. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

I just am waiting for the day his Evo does something remotely resembling a problem and it's the last straw, and he decides to leave his Evo, Sprint, Android, and these forums.

What....? I can wish, right?

14. BetterMost

Please understand. The success to any product today is sales. If they are only able to sell the EVO in only "SELECT" stores and not on the internet or with tele sales like every other Sprint phone indeed the Evo's plane has crashed! In order to be a success you must have ample PROPERLY WORKING product to sell when demand is high. From a business point of view this is a HUGE failure for Sprint and HTC for such a high profile handset.

15. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Seems like the only thing holding back Android right now is the manufacturing rate.

Have you looked at the other options? Everything is sold out. The Droid X and Incredible won't be in stock till August. These phones are hot!

EarlyMon and Kelita like this.
  16. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

Absolutely true! It's not just the EVO. I have two friends on VZW who have had to wait when they ordered the Incredible. My brother, also on VZW, has ordered the Droid X and is waiting til August to get it.

I don't know why this thread is making me think of Chicken Little and the sky falling. :eek: :p

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Another way to look at it: when something is unattainable, it makes people want it more. Why do you think Disney only releases select titles for purchase every decade or so?

mystik_lilac likes this.
  18. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I just called Sprint, and got a recording saying that an unmanned plane carrying all the replenishment EVO crashed.

There might be something to this... :cool:

EarlyMon and woofermazing like this.
  19. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

That means that the "iPhone bumper plane" has crashed too...

20. BetterMost

Indeed thats a given. Huge failure.

21. EarlyMon

I think you make an excellent point here, and everyone making fun of you owes you big apology.

However - I do have one question.

Now, I think we can all agree that there's a certain truth in opposites. Female validates male, there is no day without night, happiness is only known through sadness, and oh, so many more examples.

So - here's my confusion:

If being sold out and under heavy demand is A Plane Crash, then surely being overstocked to the rafters with no one wanting what you have to sell is, by its very definition according to you - A Moon Launch.

Now, the truth of that is perfectly obvious to me, but for the benefit of these other doubters, please explain that to them.

And please don't get upset with me for asking - after all, we're not so different.

In fact, you could even describe us as two sides of the same coin.

dan330 and Oridus like this.
  22. EarlyMon

I volunteer to fly the next one... provided I get to choose my very own co-pilot.

23. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

"In order to be a success you must have ample PROPERLY WORKING product to sell when demand is high".

IPhone4 is doing alright!?:confused:;)

24. EarlyMon

Wow. Deep. Really deep.

So.

What was the key to product success yesterday?

Any word on what to expect for tomorrow?

~~~~~~~

Seriously, though, this is much is true - whomever is responsible for this should be taken to the balcony.

The truth of the matter is that Sprint execs doubled their bonuses, from 10% to 20%, because now it's proven that 4G is so popular, they can't keep it in stock.

In a disgustingly true turnabout, had they pre-ordered sufficient quantity to meet demand, then they'd have gotten less money to personally pocket.

As I posted when this was first exposed in the financial community a few weeks back, one popular term for this is Hoping For Behavior A While Rewarding Behavior B.

The execs couldn't find a way to get bonus multipliers by gross revenue, as any overstock would simply be sold at a lower profit margin (no way they would lose money on this phone) - but - percentages?

Ah. Another game entirely.

While this blunder costs all of us in the end, and does guarantee a certain lost consumption for Sprint, it will in all probability have the effect of ensuring a future supply of phones:

After all, not one of those execs wants their necks on the chopping block for an early plane crash (whatever in the heck that means, seriously).

25. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

I remember when hardly anyone was buying the wii. It was such a failure that stores didn't bother to make shelf space when a shipment was coming in.

A product can't possibly succeed if there is a shortage. The OP is a marketing guru for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.